4. Take Responsibility of What You Said

" Dada, why are you not touching your food? " Sarang looks up at Jimin, who seems bothered.

Jimin blinks, realizing the fact that he was indeed spacing out. He was thinking of the situation he has put himself into. How the hell did he end up inside the house of the prosecutor and now eating breakfast with the latter and his daughter? He can't find the right word for it.

He looks at Sarang, who is looking back at him. Those innocent and pure eyes are fixated on him, he can't look away without feeling a tinge of guilt. He maybe numb and rude, but he is still human. He sometimes softens for few  people, Sarang is one of them.

" Jimin, you are making Sarang worried of you. What are you doing? " Jungkook chimed in as he takes a sip of his coffee. He is giving the blonde man a warning look, that he should behave infront of his daughter.

Jimin spat a low tsk. He was there for Sarang, can't bring himself now to think of the prosecutor. " I am going to eat later. You should eat first. " He tries to feed Sarang but the latter shakes her head.

" Dada, you should eat too. Appa said that you are going to accompany me later for School. " What? Jimin was shock to learn such from Sarang. He has no idea about it. The prosecutor didn't tell, neither did they talk about this.

" That's right. Your dada will bring you to your school starting today. " Jungkook agreed, voice is clear enough to catch Jimin's attention.

Sarang joyfully claps her hands while jumping on his chair and Jungkook can't help it but to smile at the scene. But Jimin wasn't feeling it. " I didn't say that. Nor did I agree to any of these. " He asserts a strong denial. He's aware of his own mistake of telling them that he won't leave them again. He reacted on the spur of moment. He did, now he's regretting it but somehow he isn't planning to fulfill thesame. He can't waste his time to babysit a kid, though he grows to adore. Besides the fact that she's not his own child, his sick father needs his attention more.

Sarang looks at him, teary eyed. In her head, she thinks Jimin is rejecting her. Not wanting her to be his child. Jungkook saw the sadness on her face. He clenches his fist, jaw tightens as his chest aches. He doesn't like what he sees. He shoots a glare at the blonde man, who is at thesame time looking at his direction. Seems like he has something to say to Jungkook too. " Jimin, do you not hear yourself? If you didn't want any of this then you shouldn't have told us those. You made Sarang hope for it. " Jungkook grumbles, making sure his voice is low enough so that his daughter can't hear whatever he says. He also leans his body on the table in a position that he doesn't look like he was attacking Jimin.

Jimin sighs. " I know I said those and was sorry if it made Sarang hope for something I can't give. " He explains. Lately, he's been explaining himself to others. Jimin doesn't bow to anyone, nothing but rude and someone who doesn't care about others. People find it  difficult to connect with him and most of the time, they just ignore him like he doesn't exist at all.

Jungkook stood up. The harshness of his movement causes the creaking sound of his chair that was pushed away. " Sarang, baby finish your meal. " He told her daughter, trying to sound gentle as he suppresses his fumes against Jimin.

" Okay Appa. " Sarang agrees, unaware of the tension right now. She even speaks with Jimin next. " Dada, come on. Feed me more. " She opens her mouth, motioning Jimin to give her food.

" No. Sarang, you will eat on your own. " Jungkook stops her. Sarang looks up to his father as she can't believe what she heard. She was about to protest but Jungkook speaks again. " You're a big girl now. You eat while I am going to speak with Ji-- your dada. " Jungkook was fast enough to change his choice of words. He is just being careful around his daughter.