11. Dead Man tells No Tales

" You'll die If I tell you my secret. " Jimin casually said like he wasn't talking about death. And Jungkook is now triggered.

" What? " He gasped, furrowing as he tries to absorb what the shorter just said. " Are you threatening to kill a prosecutor? Huh? You're really a member of a gang, aren't you? " He said jokingly, even pointing his finger at Jimin with a nervous laugh.

*/ So who's gonna tell him?/*

" Tsk. " Jimin mentally slaps his forehead. He can't believe this! Jungkook didn't take him seriously. After he swallowed his coolness just to warn him, look what he got? It's a fvcking mock! Why did I even think of doing this in the first place?, Jimin sighs. He screwed his eyes shut as he exhales, slowly opening them again. " I don't care if you take me like a fool but remember this. Before jumping into a pit full of troubles, think about Sarang first. What will happen to her if you die? It doesn't hurt your pride as a prosecutor, if you refuse to entertain a dangerous case offered to you. That's called practicality. " He said while shoving the documents back to JK. It hit JK on his chest, catching them perfectly on reflex.

Jungkook didn't like the suggestion. " I'm not a coward! I'm not going to run away just because there's a threat to my safety and life. I chose this job and I love it. " He rasps, glaring at Jimin.

" Tsk. Superman! " Jimin mutters under his breath, almost not wanting the prosecutor to hear it. " Insisting to do things that you can't is called stubborness. That's what you are. "

The corner of Jungkook's lip lifted upward. " At least, I did something great. Why can't you take that from me instead of complaining a lot? " He countered.

Jimin pursed his lips, heaving a tsk. " Just plug your greatness to your chest if that makes you feel better! " He vented his frustration.

         */ Attitude sis?! Lol /*

Jungkook sighs. " You don't understand, and I wonder why you can't. A lawyer can't refuse a case, neither a prosecutor unless there's a legal reason for his refusal. Otherwise, it's very unprofessional to refuse." He explained but then, Jimin didn't faze by the show of a point. The shorter isn't moved by the attempt to convince him. Yet Jungkook continued explaining. " The prosecutor has the final say if the case should be pursued in court or not. And my assessment was to prosecute Mingyu. And I know the danger I put myself into- "

" Do you, really? " Jimin interjects. He winced at the showing of attitude. The prosecutor doesn't know what Mingyu is capable of doing, or what kind of person he is. He was not merely a twisted person. He is more than that, Jimin mentally scoffed. " You lost already your case against Mingyu. Don't you think that was a sign for you to stop? " Jimin spoke with emphasis, while maintaining his stern looking face.

" Okay, for the record I lost my case because my witness was killed- "

" And what do you think was the reason for his death? " Jimin interjects, finding no reason for the prosecutor to finish explaining his side.

" A dead man tells no tales. " Jungkook heaved a deep sigh. " If the witness dies, no one will reveal a crime. So Mingyu killed Yesung, that even when a dna in the crime scene was taken pointing it to Mingyu's. He got away for committing a crime. If only Yesung has done his part, he would have proved Mingyu's sanity. "

Jimin tilts his head to look up at the prosecutor's face. " But he couldn't because he was killed. If he killed your witness, how much more for the prosecutor? "

So that's how Mingyu had turned the situation to his favor, he resorted to that some crap of a joke that he is insane, Jimin thought.

" That's already given. That's the risk which every prosecutor will take to carry his duties. "