16. Too Good To Be True

×××××

" Father? I don't remember having a son that's gay! " He rasped mockingly while gritting his teeth in annoyance.

Jin was frozen on his spot. Doesn't know what to say and what to do. His head is battling whether to stay or to just leave and pretend that this meeting has never happened.

" He's visiting me father. Let it go. " Jungkook tries to calm his father.

" I wasn't asking you so don't speak in his behalf. And since when did you start to defend gays?! " He looked at Jungkook in disgust as if is the worst decision he ever had.

Jungkook snaps. " For Pete's sake, he is my brother. He is not just someone else father! " He retorts, breathing heavily as he confronted his father. " And what exactly is your problem with gays? " His tone is a little bit low.

Mr. Jeon made a sharp breath while brushing his hairs through his fingers to sigh out his rage. " You have no idea what they can do to you until they will do you shit. "

Huh?! " What? " Jungkook was confused, his brows are furrowing a lot. " Did a gay hurt you in the past causing you to hate them until today? " He thought his father has once had a gay lover and that someone left him so he got brokenhearted and is now bitter because of it. That made him hates gay, Jin is no exception.

" Hurt is the word for it, but there's more to that. " Mr. Jeon croaked out. Jaws are clenching, Jungkook sees that and even Jin noticed it. He's definitely shaking from the intense emotion that is coming out within him, lips are trembling too. " I will not forgive a single one of them! Never! "

Jungkook sighs, after he tried to balance the rage that his father is showing toward gays versus his opinion on it. " You were hurt. I get it father. But don't you think it's unfair that you are going to hate hyung and everyone else because they are gay? It's not their fault if that someone in your past hurt you. Don't generalize, hate that particular person only. Or better yet let it go and maybe you'll start to have a good and positive outlook in people regardless of what gender they have. "

" Easy for you to say because you are not in my position. " Mr. Jeon spat, slightly judging his son based from giving his own opinion on the matter. " Don't take things subjective if you know nothing. You got none, not even the slightest idea of what I've experienced because of one random gay who appeared out of nowhere. " He bit his lower lip to suppress the total explosion of his emotion.

Jin sniffs, the usual emotional part of him is kicking. He doesn't understand how that simple yet harsh words that are coming out of their father's lips, also vague can poke his heart, squeezing it lightly. He can feel the pain in his father's eyes. He doesn't know from where the pain and the rage are coming. And he wonders what really happened to their father. What life has he had in the hands of a gay or that gay left on him that made him hate one. Jin quietly wipes his tears that slipped off of the corner of his eyes.

" You're right father. I'm not one to state my opinion because I wasn't the one in your position. " Jungkook muttered, still in control of his temper. " But in times like this where you're tight headed, I am the one who you should listen to. People who haven't experience such pain are the best adviser. It might not be the right but technically speaking, I make sense. "

" Tell that to me when the person who your entire life has looked up to. Who showed you that you mean the world to him. Who made you believe that he loves you is the very same person who left you without a flinch and twinge of guilt as you watched him turn his back at you to leave you for a gay! " Mr. Jeon exploded, face turning red in rage as he widened his eyes at Jungkook.