#14

Chaeyoung glares at her own reflection. She looks pretty in that sleek white dress Ella Manoban has bought for her. 

"You are supposed to smile and be happy" 

Her idiot sister appears from her back, holding a glass of cup. 

"Yeah, if you are marrying your true love" Chaeyoung snaps. "But I'm marrying a monster I don't even know"

"Don't call her that" Alice warns. "You know it's wrong to label people when you barely know them, right?"

"But we all know Lisa Manoban" Chaeyoung laughs painfully. There are tears in her eyes, and they are certainly not tears of happiness. 

More like a fucking regret having to be dragged in this shit. 

"Media talks whatever they want, Chaeyoung" Alice reprimands her. 

"Like that one time they said you didn't know how to sing" Alice chuckles. "Look at you now! Big singer with lots of hits songs"

"Stop making unrelatable comparison, Alice!" Chaeyoung screams as she turns towards her sister, trying to chase her out of her compartment when their mother appears in grey dress, looking at Chaeyoung. 

"What mom?" she crosses her arms. 

"What do you want again?"

"Can we talk?" Elaine asks, sounding hopeful. 

"We've talked a lot" Chaeyoung replies sarcastically. "If we didn't, I don't think I'd stand here crying my eyes out in this fucking wedding dress"

"Language, Park Chaeyoung" Elaine groans lowly. "Just, be civil, okay sweetie?"

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes before turning her back against the middle aged woman. 

"I just want to give you this" Elaine says as she passes a red velvety box to Chaeyoung. The girl takes it with confusion in her eyes. 

"Your dad gave it to me when we got married. So, I thought I might give it to you today, as a little gift from us"

"Mom..." Chaeyoung drags the word because she doesn't quite know what to say. 

She wants to hug that woman and says a proper thank you but she can't because her mom is the one who put her in this situation right now. 

"You don't have to say anything" Elaine whispers when she kisses the blonde. 

"But someday. Someday in the distant future, I am sure you'll thank me for this marriage"

Elaine says lastly before standing up and walking out on Chaeyoung. 

*Vote and comments*