#36

"Chaeng"

A soft voice calls from behind the black door. Chaeyoung rolls her eyes as she keeps strumming on her guitar. It is one of her habits - to strum the guitar whenever she is sad so that the melody it produces will help Chaeyoung to forget whatever the heck that makes her blue. "Chaeyoung" the same voice calls again.

"What?" the blonde stares annoyingly at the door, as if she can see the person who stands behind it. "What do you want?" she snaps just in time when Lisa pokes her head at the small opening of the door. The Thai walks in with a plastic bag of food and puts it on the dresser next to Chaeyoung's bed.

"I bought you something" the Thai scratches her nape repeatedly, like she is somehow anxious and embarrassed.

"I don't know if you like it or what ... -" her word trails off and the blonde narrows her eyes before hitting the black haired with a pillow at the back of her head.

"Ow" Lisa squeals in pain. "What the heck, Chaeng"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know" the blonde strums her guitar again. "All shy and nervous like that"

"No way" Lisa frowns. "I am not shy or intimidated by you"

"Anyway, back to my question. Why are you here?"

"Just want to see if you're alright" Lisa says as she settles on the bed next to Chaeyoung.

"I'm fine" Chaeyoung sings as she strums the guitar. "Really fine"

"Why didn't you finish your dinner then?"

"Oh" the blonde presses her lips together. "Remember when you choke yourself?"

"Yeah?"

"I felt bad"

"Why?" Lisa chuckles. She finds that funny. "It's not like you were the one who was choking me"

"I don't know" the blonde rolls her eyes. "Just felt mad. It's weird, isn't it"

"It's okay, Chaeng" Lisa consoles her as she squeezes Chaeyoung's hand. It's a simple gesture but nobody knows, even Lisa how quick the blonde heart beats afterwards.

"You don't have to be mad at yourself" Lisa adds, curling her lips into a small smile and Chaeyoung swears her heart is about to explode now if Lisa still does that. 

So, stupidly, she withdraws her hand from the Thai's grip. 

Lisa notices the sudden movement but she chooses to ignore it. "Anyway, do you want to know something?"

"What?" 

"I've found a new job"

"Pftt, it's like the fifth time this week that you have changed your jobs"

"Yeah" Lisa rolls her eyes. "But this time, it feels like something nice"

"Okay" Chaeyoung looks at her. "What is it?"

"It's a job at a nearby bookstore" the Thai explains. "This one ahjumma said she needed a worker so I said, maybe I can try and she said I can come first thing tomorrow morning" 

"You look happy" Chaeyoung smiles, resting her chin on top of her palm as she stares at her wife. 

"I do?" 

Chaeyoung nods. "Maybe you're right. Maybe it suits you"

"I might be happy because she said she has a cute granddaughter" Lisa jokes which causing her to get a pinch from Chaeyoung. 

"Hey, you said you didn't want to make any move on anyone in the moment"

"I'm kidding" the Thai jokes. Her laughter - the blonde swears - is the cutest of all. 

"Alright. You need to sleep" Lisa says after a moment. "Don't forget to eat that" she points at the food in the plastic bag. "And good night, Chaeng" 

"Good night, Lisa"

•••

*votes and comments*