#29

Chaeyoung opens her eyes to peek at the digital clock hanging on her wall. The blue device screams 4:40 a.m. to her face. Yawning, the blonde stretches herself on the bed before sliding off and marches straight to the bathroom. As she brushes her teeth, her phone rings from the nightstand. Rinsing her mouth, she quickly half walks half jogs into the room.

"I'm already in the lobby" her manager mutters.

"Oh. Give me a second. I'll change into my clothes"

"Ok. Take your time"

"Thanks, Joy"

Quickly, Chaeyoung changes into a white shirt and a black, Adidas long pants. She grabs her water bottle from the dresser next to her bed and walks to Lisa's room to check on her. The Thai is still sleeping and she seems sad.

"Hey" Chaeyoung whispers to her wife's ear. She tugs her hair behind her ear when she does that. "I'm gonna go to the studio to practice my new choreography" she echoes. "Do you want me to get you anything when I'm back?"

"No" Lisa says sluggishly as she turns on her back. Chaeyoung smiles a little at the way the Thai unconsciously hugs her arm, not wanting to let go. "I have to go," the blonde says as she brushes Lisa's hair that's sticking to her cheek. The dark haired has some sleeping streaks on her right cheek, which makes her looks undeniably adorable.

God, stop it Chaeyoung; her heart whispers. Stop falling for her. You're just going to hurt yourself again.

"Lisa" Chaeyoung sounds a little bit firmer as she pulls her arm away from the sleeping Thai. Lisa's face retorts a little but she settles back into her dream shortly after. "Gotta go" the blonde says as she shuts the door closed and makes a beeline towards their front door.

"Ready?" her manager asks, smiling.

"Yeah" Chaeyoung nods. "Let's go, Joy"

•••

"Tell me those rumors aren't fucking true"

Jennie groans in her chair as she facepalms herself. Not far from her, stands Jisoo in her sweatshirt and high ponytail. The Korean folds her arms to her chest, giving Jennie a patronizing look.

"Stop it" the petite girl commands.

"I didn't do anything," Jisoo demands.

"That look" Jennie snaps. "I know that look"

"Come on, Jennie" Jisoo consoles as she takes a seat at the edge of the petite girl's bed. "We all know somehow that it's going to be like this. Don't tell me you never think of this"

"I did" Jennie rolls her eyes unbelievably. "But I never thought she could be this extreme you know"

"And it turns out that this morning, my dad thoughtfully decided to send me a letter with all the official letterhead, telling me if I let you misbehave again under our label, he's going to kick my ass off his company and you'll no longer be under our management"

"What the fuck, Jisoo?" Jennie starts to fume. She can't believe the level of bullshit she's currently dealing with.

She is in love with her best friend. Her fucking best friend from the very beginning - but no one would get her just because Lisa is married and she should be loving her blonde wife instead.

"Argh, why is everything so messy?"

"I told you, didn't I?" Jisoo reminds her. "From the very beginning, I said the game should have stopped"

"It doesn't"

"It has to, Jennie. Or this stupid little game that you play with Lisa is going to butcher the heads of both of you"

Jennie looks over her shoulder, her eyes intensely glaring on Jisoo's figure.

"I don't get it" Jennie presses her fingers on both sides of her head. "Where did I go wrong in this game?"

"The game itself is already wrong" the brunette Korean reminds Jennie. "You know, above all people; that toying with someone's feeling isn't right"

"And you" Jennie smiles sadly. "Above all people know of how much I love her. And yet you're taking away the only thing that makes me the happiest"

"You still have me, Jen," Jisoo steps forward, careful enough not to overstep the boundary with Jennie. She knows the woman before her needs time to digest the harsh truth that just slapped her hard in the face. She knows that while she has always been her best friend, Jennie never allows anyone to step into her personal bubble except Lisa. And of course, who is she kidding? Of course she sees how much love Jennie has in her eyes for Lisa - but the petite has always been so insecure about herself that stepping into another level of relationship that requires trust and commitment scares the shit outta her.

And Jisoo knows she can't blame Jennie for that. But her parents. Their turbulent marriage, their painful divorce - they make Jennie scared of sharing her life; fear if she does - the person might end up breaking her into pieces. But then Lisa walks into the picture and she holds that petite together, and plays this little, dangerous game to flirt and break people - because it makes both of the brats the happiest.

Jisoo has always gone against the idea of emotionally breaking people but her two best friends who are dumbly in love with each other; keep insisting they stick as a trio in the game. So, she had to play her card really well. But then, when the brunette Korean saw Chaeyoung that day at the altar; waiting for Lisa to marry her, she saw how sincere the blonde truly was; how she would make a perfect partner for Lisa. And Jisoo honestly swore that it was at that moment she decided to step back from the little, dangerous game she had been playing with her best friends.

"Don't do it, Jen," Jisoo finally says. She turns her hands into small fists as she speaks; praying hard she doesn't break. "Just give in. This time"

"I can't" Jennie mumbles. "I would break the game"

"It's better than you go around breaking hearts"

"But it's Lisa," Jennie says at last, her voice reaching the edge of crying. But still, Jisoo keeps her distance from the petite figure. "Didn't I just ruin her?"

"She'll be okay. You know she is. She's the badass among us" Jisoo smiles, trying to joke to lighten the heavy atmosphere in the room.

"Jisoo" Jennie looks at her. "You know about my parents right?"

The Korean nods. "I lost them when they decided to part their ways"

Jisoo presses her lips together. She knows exactly where this is going.

"I just can't lose Lisa the way I had lost them"

"But you have your career - the one you've been trying hard to build since we were in college"

"I know"

"Look me in the eyes, Jen" the Korean commands. "Are you going to let everything go just because of this tiny little game we used to play?"

That shuts the petite figure for a moment. As Jisoo hears how hard her heart is beating in her fucking throat, Jennie finally decides to end the silence.

"Fine" she says weakly. "Just tell me what to do"

"I'll release a statement on your behalf, if that's okay?"

"Do whatever the heck you want" Jennie says, brokenness in her voice as she rushes to the bathroom. Jisoo wants to go after her and wraps the petite figure into her arms, but she knows how much Jennie never sees her the way she sees Lisa. And God, somehow it breaks the brunette Korean a little. 

**votes and comments**💜