#48

"Are you okay?" 

Chaeyoung asks as she snuggles against the crook of her wife's neck. 

"I'm fine, baby" the Thai replies. "Just tired"

"What did you talk with Jennie?" Chaeyoung asks as jealousy starts kicking in. Lisa tilts her head to meet the blonde's eyes. A smirk pops on her lips. 

"Oh, you're jealous"

"No, I'm not. I'm just asking"

"Yes you are"

"No, I'm not. Stop it Lisa"

"To make you feel better, we talked about us. And I'm glad we did"

"Really?"

"Yeah" Lisa kisses Chaeyoung on her nose. "Because it makes me realize of how I don't love her anymore"

"You don't?"

"Yeah, because there's this cute girl called Roseanne Park or Park Chaeyoung - well she stole my heart and refused to give it back"

The blonde laughs. "God, I love you so much, Lisa"

"I love you too" the Thai replies. "Do you want to sleep now?"

"Yeah. Let's sleep"

"Nice" Lisa mumbles as she lifts her wife from the couch and walks into the bedroom as both of them are laughing. 

***

Her phone rings three times. As she rubs her eyes cluelessly, she picks up the phone only to hear the voice of her brother, Jackson down the line. 

"What the fuck that you want?" she asks coldly. 

"Wow, little sister. Calm down" her brother laughs. "I missed you too"

"I didn't even miss you or mom"

"Anyway, I just want to inform you that you can come to the office tomorrow"

"What? Why? I thought you guys didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore"

"Technically" her brother explains. "You're getting everything back since mom thought you have made it with your wife"

"What if I don't want it?" Lisa asks. 

"You don't want it?" her brother asks in amusement. "Wow, Lisa. Are you sure this is even you? I never thought I would see the day where my sister would say she doesn't want to have her old life back"

"Shut up, Jackson"

"Tomorrow" her brother reminds her. "9 a.m."

"Love?" Chaeyoung mumbles sleepily. "Who is that?"

"Umm, no one" Lisa lies. "Just wrong number"

"Really?" she asks again. Lisa nods as she slides herself under the cover again. Chaeyoung turns to hug the Thai and falls asleep right away leaving the Thai contemplating if she ever wants to go and accepts her mother's offer again. 

***

She takes a deep breath as she walks into the same building she was fired months ago. Her brother greets her at the entrance, more than happy to pull her into a hug.

"Been a long time, Manoban" he says and Lisa nods, not wanting to talk much.

"Is she here already?"

"Waiting upstairs" her brother mutters as they walk to the elevator and get straight into it as the door opens.

"Lisa" Ella Manoban smiles as she sees her youngest child walking into the office. "I missed you"

"Why did you want to see me?"

"I'm a woman of my word" the lady says proudly. "And since you've fixed your relationship with your wife - I'm giving back all the things that I have taken from you"

Her mother passed her the key to her Maserati and another stuff that belong to her.

"And I'm so proud of you, Lisa"

"Mom, I'm ... "

"It's okay" her mom smiles. "You are forgiven. And yes please remember to attend your first day back at job tomorrow"

"You got me, mom" the dark haired says as she walks away from the office with a happy face. Finally, she's getting her life back.

•••

"It's a shame you have to quit" Mina mutters. "You're our most trustable worker"

"It's alright" Lisa assures the brunette. "I'll pay you a visit once in a while"

"That sounds fun" Mina smiles. "I wait for that, Manoban"

•••