#47

"Do you have any other shops than this one?" the dark haired asks the old woman. She smiles and nods placidly. "It's in Daegu and it used to be operated by my husband. But after he died last year, we had to close the shop because nobody wanted to take care of it anymore"

"Really?" Lisa asks in disbelief. "That's a shame, knowing your bookstore is amazing"

"Well, we had to," the old woman replies. "Or otherwise I wouldn't even agree to shut it down"

"My parents wanted it to be closed" Mina explains after her grandmother disappears from the sight. "Because it reminds my grandmother of my grandad. So, they thought it was for the best the whole place be shut"

"Don't you want to open it again, someday?"

"Yes" Mina smiles. "Someday"

***

Chaeyoung wipes beads of sweat from her temple. She has just finished finalizing the choreography for her newest single, On The Ground and she is super tired from countless hours spent perfecting the steps. Lucky her, Joy agrees to give Chaeyoung half of the day off since she has been stuck in the studio since 3 in the morning. Smiling, the blonde grabs her stuff from the side of the practice room and heads towards the parking space where she knows Joy awaits.

"Chaeyoung" she hears a voice calls her from behind. So, she turns her head only to see Jisoo walking dignifiedly as she approaches the lanky blonde. "Hi, Jisoo" she greets politely. "Hello. How are you?"

"Fine" she smiles. "Oh yes, congratulations on the good news. I always know you and Jennie would make a great couple"

"Same goes to you" the Korean says. "Congratulations on your newest single. I have heard it yesterday pre - recording"

"Oh, thank you"

"Anyway, do you have time? I think we need to talk"

"About what?" the blonde asks. Truth be told, she doesn't feel like meeting anyone at the moment. She just wants to go back home, sleep and cook for her wife.

"Umm... it's about my wedding and Lisa too"

"Lisa?" the blonde utters the name skeptically. "What does Lisa have to do with your upcoming wedding?"

"That's why" Jisoo pauses. "Do you have a moment?"

"Sure. But I've to text Joy first"

"Alright" Jisoo nods as she waits. Immediately the blonde dials her manager and says she'll have a quick lunch with Jisoo before going back on her own.

"Done?"

"Yeah" Chaeyoung nods.

"Let's go," Jisoo says as she leads the blonde towards the café where Jennie awaits.

***

"You probably have heard it about us" the cat - eyed starts. "But it doesn't matter. Because Jisoo and I would to extend the invitation to our wedding by ourselves to you and Lisa"

"Okay" Chaeyoung nods. "What's the problem?"

"The problem is" Jisoo sighs. "We haven't talked to her after Jennie left her; and after her mom kicked her ass from the company"

Chaeyoung nods in sympathy. "So, knowing Lisa. We know we are the last faces she wants to see"

"I know it's not my place to interfere whatever that has happened between you guys" the blonde mutters. "But I think it's only right if you pass the invitation to her hand yourself"

"How?" Jennie rolls her eyes but Jisoo tells her to calm her nerves. "I mean, she refuses to see us, let alone picking up calls"

"Maybe you guys can come for dinner tonight" Chaeyoung suggests.

"Dinner?" Jisoo stares at the blonde. "Are you sure, Chaeyoung?"

The blonde nods. "Yeah. I bet that'd make her happy"

"But..." Jennie's words trail off as Jisoo squeezes her hand on the table. "Don't worry, Jen. We'll be alright"

"I hope the same" 

***

"You still haven't tell me who these guests are"

Lisa pouts as she helps her wife sets up the table. 

"Because..." Chaeyoung teases as she kisses Lisa on her nose. "It's a secret"

"Why would it be a secret?"

"Because I want to" the Korean laughs. "Now shut up and help me bring the food from the kitchen to the table"

"Yah, you're such a meanie"

"I know. That's my special trait" the blonde replies. 

Lisa is in the middle of bringing the food out when a few knocks against the door is heard. 

"I'll get the door" her wife says and Lisa smiles. "Alright, baby" she echoes. 

"Hi Lisa" Jennie greets her with a smile. The Thai freezes as the Korean walks closer and plants a kiss on her left cheek. 

"Limario" Jisoo greets. "It's been long huh?"

"Hi...guys?" Lisa stutters as Chaeyoung stands next to her, kissing her cheek lovingly. "You're okay" she reminds her wife. "I'm here" 

"Is it okay..." Jennie says after a moment. "If we join you and Chaeyoung for dinner?"

"Of course" the Thai nods. "I mean, Chaeng has cooked after all"

The atmosphere is really thick and awkward. Neither of them know just what to say to make it better. Lisa sits next to her wife and opposite from Jennie. Her eyes are on the plate rather than on the Korean. 

"Lili?" Jennie calls after a moment. "Can we talk?"

Lisa looks at Chaeyoung. The blonde nods. "Sure. The balcony if you don't mind?"

Jennie smiles weakly as she follows the Thai. 

"So, how's life?"

"Good" the dark haired mumbles. "I've got a job. It's at this small bookstore. The payment is alright but I think it makes me happy"

"How about the company?"

"Haven't heard anything from my mom"

"Oh. I'm sorry"

"It's okay"

"Can't we stop?" the cat - eyed woman finally says. 

"What?"

"This" she points at herself and Lisa. "Can we stop being strangers?"

"Jen, trust me. I'm alright. Maybe it's just your feeling"

"Who are you trying to lie to?" the petite woman asks. "I can read you like a book, Lisa"

"Maybe you can't read me anymore" the Thai smiles. "Maybe I've changed"

"I love her" Jennie mutters. "I know it sounds selfish. But I really love her, Lisa. "Just like you love your wife"

"Yeah" Lisa beams idiotically as she turns her head to stare at the blonde who's currently talking to Jisoo. 

"I love her a lot, Jen"

"I'm glad that she is able to put you back together" she pauses before continuing dryly "after I broke you"

"Yeah. I'm glad too"

"So, can we go back to being friends?"

"I don't know, Jen" Lisa bites her lower lip. "I mean, we can. But it needs time"

"Do you still like me?"

"I don't. But still. It's complicated"

"Fine" Jennie stares. "I won't force you. But I just want to let you know that I love you, despite everything that happened"

"Alright" 

*votes and comments*