#50

"I just wanna be the one

But to you, we're already done

Tell me, why'd you have to hit and run me?

Now I'm all alone, cryin' ugly"

***

"Nice song, really" Lisa rolls her eyes as she pops into the bookstore. Mina laughs at her as she grabs a couple of book from the counter and shoves them all into the empty space on the rack. 

"Seriously, Lisa" the brunette laughs again as she stares at her friend. "You're the only person I know that have two women wrote songs about you because you broke their hearts" 

"Yeah, I know" the Thai groans. "Pretty impressive huh?"

"I would say so" Mina jokes. "Anyway, how's life?"

"Still suck" she says before finishing the sentence with a small, weary smile. "And I'm leaving"

"Leave where?" Mina asks, suddenly concern. "Busan"

"Really? Haven't you watched train to Busan? the Zombies?"

"Eww, fuck that Mina"

"Kidding. Why are you going there anyway?"

"Because" the Thai clears her throat. 

Because I can't stay here anymore, seeing her from being so closed to me yet there is like an invisible barrier planted between us.

"Hello?" the brunette asks, clicking her fingers before the Thai's pretty face. 

"Oh" Lisa smiles. "My mom is retiring. And since my brother steps into her shoes, he offers me his post in our company in Busan"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah"

"This isn't about you running your ass from your wife?"

"What?" Lisa frowns. "Of course no! Why would I do that"

Mina chuckles. She knows deeply that Lisa would do that but she doesn't want to trigger the dark haired anymore. 

"When are you moving?"

"Tomorrow"

"Seriously?"

Lisa nods. "What about your stuff?"

"I have half of them transferred already last week. And some of them, I think... better be here. In case Chaeyoung..."

"Lisa, you know she won't come back"

Lisa smiles bitterly as she nods. "I know. But I hate myself for still hoping"

"So" Lisa clears her throat. "Do you want to come and see my house in Busan?"

"Lisa" Mina grins. "Do you mind if I say something?"

"What?"

"I don't want you to settle for me, just because you couldn't have the other one"

Lisa chuckles. "God, I thought you didn't notice my moves"

"I did, dumbass" the brunette jokes. "Come on. We are better as friends"

"I know" the Thai finishes her drink. "I have to pick something up and leave first thing tomorrow in the morning. So" Lisa pauses as she pulls Mina into her hug. "Thank you for being my friend. We'll see each other soon, if fate has its own way" 

"Sure" Mina smiles back as she watches the Thai disappears from her shop. 

***

"You'll love Busan" Jackson tells Lisa as he pours her some whisky. "It's fantastic. And there are so many hot girls in the company that you can hit on, little sister"

"The fuck, Jackson?" Lisa chuckles. "I thought you wanted me to get my shit together"

"Correction. That was mom. And I completely have nothing against you and your long lists of one night stands"

"Shut up"

"I'm actually jealous"

"What?" Lisa stares at her brother. 

"Women prefer you more than me. I mean, that's an insult"

"Lol, you have all those girls crazy over you, Jackson"

"Look at your exes, Lisa. You've got Miyeon, Jennie; boy these women are hot beyond words"

"Shut up" 

"And Chaeyoung" Jackson pauses. "Are you really not going to tell her?"

"Whatever for?" Lisa frowns. "She doesn't care"

"Well, I bet she does, Lisa. Maybe just as stubborn as you are"

"Can we talk about something else?" the Thai requests. "Really, I want to talk but not this sore topic"

"Fine" her brother sits down. "I'm actually seeing this girl"

"Really?"

"Her name is Mina"

That makes Lisa spills half of her drink on the couch. "What the fuck, Manoban?" Jackson yells. 

"Mina?" Lisa arches her eyebrows. "She works in a bookstore?"

"Yeah. How did you know her?"

"Well she's my friend" Lisa beams. "A good friend"

"Don't tell me you've fucked her" Jackson warns. "Of course not. I'm different now, big brother"

"But I think I really like her Lisa" Jackson shuts his eyes. "I mean, she's cool as a person"

"Yeah. Marry her, Jackson. You'll never regret it"

"Do you think mom will approve it?"

"Mom?" Lisa chews on her lower lip. "I guess she will" 

***

It's almost 11 when Jackson finally decides to go home. And Lisa is at the edge of falling asleep when her phone rings. She answers it nonetheless. 

"Limario" Jisoo's voice wakes her up.

"Oh, hi. What's up?"

"Open the door. I've brought some food"

Lisa shuffles lazily to the door and smiles a little as she finds Jisoo with bags of food and beers.

"So, I heard you're moving"

"Yep" Lisa nods, drinking her beer. "Correct"

"Tell me it isn't about Chaeyoung"

"Why would everything thinks like that?" Lisa scowls. "I'm not running away from her. I'm just stepping into Jackson's post"

"Well, you can't blame me" the purple haired Korean says. "I have known you since forever. Of course I know you like the back of my hand"

"Really, it's more about my career than about her"

"Just say sorry, Lisa"

"I did. Billion of times. It's just not enough I guess"

"I mean go and talk to her. Properly"

"She wouldn't even be in the same place as me, Jisoo"

"You know" Jisoo stares at the Thai. "When Jennie is like this, I normally give her enough space and ..."

"It's been a year" Lisa snaps. "I guess that's enough space"

"Maybe that's your fault. You let her get enough space that it makes her feel like you really don't care about her"

"It's alright, Jisoo. I've moved on. If divorce is what she wants, I'll work on it"

"Don't be stupid Lisa" the Korean interferes. "She loves you a lot. And you love her like hell too"

"Still it's not enough"

"Sometimes" Jisoo eyes the Thai. "Two people have to fall apart to see how much they need to fall back together"

"But in our case, it drifts us apart"

"I don't know what to say, Lisa" Jisoo admits. "But I hope you'll find your way back to her"

*votes and comments*