#64

Lisa stares dreamily through her long lashes at a bouquet of fresh roses she has managed to obtain from a nearest flower shop. Yeah, she chuckles to herself as she remembers what she did just now; knocking the glass door in the middle of the night for the sake of buying them. The florist looked at her like she was some sort of crazy lady but Lisa told her that it's a small gift she wished to offer her wife; and just like that the florist melted away. 

Sniffing them eagerly, her eyes cling to the number of floor the elevator is currently passing. After what feels like a damn forever, the doors spring open and Lisa quickly half jogs, half runs towards her home. She is excited to see what Roseanne's reaction would be once her pretty eyes see these flowers; her favorite Roses. "I know I've been busy lately with Jennie" she mumbles to herself as she stares at the red flowers. "But I just want you to know that I feel the same towards you just like I have always been"

Taking a deep breath, she twists the knob and places her loafers beside her wife's Louboutin at the hallway. A grin glows on her pretty face as she settles her briefcase by the door and walks towards their bedroom where she knows her wife would be right now; buried under the cozy blanket of their bed. Chuckling, she walks passes the kitchen before she notices a familiar figure standing with back facing Lisa. 

It takes a second to process that image. 

Before she hears her heart breaks and she is brought back to the surface.

Where reality sucks.

Because bro; for fuck's sake - her best friend is kissing her wife. 

The flowers fall flat on the floor; causing a loud thud. Jisoo pulls away from the kiss; looking confused but soon as her eyes fall on her fuming best friend; she knows that she has fucked up terribly. 

Roseanne gulps in fear. She honestly didn't remember how a talk they both were engaging in a few minutes ago turned into a heated make out session. 

"What" Lisa's voice trembles as she locks her eyes on Jisoo. "the fuck is happening?"

"Lisa, it's certainly not what you think" Jisoo warns her but Lisa's eyes turn darker and before Jisoo can say anything else; a heavy punch hits the CEO on her face; blood burst from her nose as Lisa punches her again until she falls flat on the floor. 

"Lisa" Roseanne calls as she tries to stop her wife from throwing a bitch fit but the blonde is taken aback when the Thai slaps her so hard she feels as if she'll have a brain concussion. 

"Both of you" Lisa breathes heavily. "Can fucking go to hell"

And just like that, the financial executive stomps her feet out of the apartment, leaving Roseanne and Jisoo who look guilty as hell. 

"I'm sorry" Jisoo apologizes to the crying blonde. "I mean, I didn't mean the kiss, Rosie. I didn't know why or how but it happened"

"It's okay" Roseanne replies as she picks the roses her wife has bought for her. They are her favorite. 

"Rosie, I ..."

"Just go back, Jisoo" she clears her throat. "I need a moment"

"Fine" the CEO nods. "I guess, I'll see you later"

***

"Hey, Lili"

Jennie yawns as she opens the door.

"Are you okay?"

Lisa doesn't answer. She keeps her eyes on the floor the entire time as she sinks on the couch and Jennie shuts the front door.

"Are you drunk?"

"Kind of"

"Did you call Rosie? She might be waiting you know?"

Jennie reminds her best friend as she walks to the fridge and grabs a bottle of water to pass to Lisa.

The Thai grabs it, thanks her and falls into a deep silence.

"Lili" Jennie grabs the Thai by her hand and looks deep into that hazel colored eyes. She has seen that eyes since forever, the same eyes that always provide her with care and love and assurance that she desperately needs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she taps the warm hand lovingly and Lisa just takes a deep breath.

"Can you hold me?" she whispers. "I always feel better when you hold me"

"I don't know what's bothering you, Lili" Jennie coos her gently. "But if you tell me, I promise you I'll help you through it"

"I'm okay" Lisa lies. But if feels like wasting her time because Jennie reads her like a book. So, she tilts her head until their eyes meet.

"Sometimes" Lisa intensifies her gaze. "I just wonder why we aren't meant to be for one another"

"Because" Jennie grins. "You love someone who isn't me, Lili. And that's alright"

"But what if I'm not worth to be loved?"

"Of course you are worth to be loved, Lisa. You are the best person I have had the chance growing up with, the one who always makes sure I am well loved and protected no matter what. And maybe that's why God makes you to love someone else, because He makes me your best half, the one that will never be replaced no matter what"

"Jen..."

"And I don't want you to doubt yourself, okay?"

"God, I love you so much"

"I love you too" Jennie grins. "But you smell like alcohol and cigarette and I don't like it so if you can go and have a wash, I'd be grateful"

Lisa rolls her eyes tiredly.

"Maybe tomorrow"

"Now" Jennie says sternly. "I'll have the water ready for you, Lili"

"Thank you, Nini"

The Thai says as she looks at her best friend. The Korean looks over her shoulder, her dark strands hanging on her back.

"For what?"

"For having my back" Lisa smiles delicately. "When nobody else does"

"Lili" Jennie walks back to face her best friend. "I'd literally do everything in the world for you"

"Yeah, I know"

"Thank God" Jennie smirks. "Now go get the towel from my wardrobe"

••••

vOtE and cOmMeNt ✊

How nice is it to fall for your best friend??