#37

Lisa stands in front of the mirror at the corner of her own room. She wears a black skinny jeans, white shirt and a green flannel with a Celine cap. She looks effortlessly pretty but still there is a sight of nervousness in her eyes as she breathes out. 

"Hey, pretty face" Chaeyoung teases as she rests her back against the doorframe of Lisa's room. The Thai stares at the Korean from the reflection of her mirror. "Aren't you supposed to be at the studio or anything for your music thingy?" Lisa asks as she takes her bag and puts on her socks"

"It's in the afternoon" the Korean yawns. "I'm so sleepy right now"

"Then go to sleep" the Thai says. 

"Can't" Chaeyoung smiles. "I want to wish you good luck for the new job, although I know you might quit it again in a day or two"

"Hey" Lisa throws a punch on Chaeyoung's arm. The blonde laughs. 

"Don't jinx my job, Chaeng"

"Sorry. I was kidding"

"It's not funny" Lisa rolls her eyes. "But really, Chaeng. I'm worried. What if I screw this job too?"

"You have nothing to worry" the blonde says confidently. "Just be yourself. They'll like you. You're fun and pretty. A true face of a librarian"

"For the love of God" Lisa drags a palm to her face. "It's not a library that I work in, Chaeng. It's a small bookstore"

"It's the same thing" the blonde says, eyes - wide opened. "You care for books"

"You're so annoying, Chaeng. I swear to God"

"Anyway, I'm driving you to this new workplace of yours" the blonde says as she puts on her facemask. 

"Why?"

"So that you won't be late on your first day"

"I can take the bus you know" Lisa reminds her. For the past 5 months, the brat has been really good in using public transportation and Lisa is so proud of that even though it doesn't really make sense.

"It's okay. I'm going to Joy's to pick something after this too"

"In case you've said so" Lisa goofily smile as she grabs Chaeyoung by her arm. "Then let's go"

***

"This is it?" Chaeyoung asks skeptically as she stares at the bookstore. "It looks like something fresh from Harry Potter's movie. 

"Stop it" Lisa squeezes Chaeyoung's hand. "The ahjumma might hear you"

"Sorry" Chaeyoung scowls. "I was just telling the truth"

"Hello, Lisa" a woman in 50s greets the Thai with a big fat smile. Lisa greets back, her hand is still fixed around Chaeyoung's arm. 

The woman sees their interlocking arms with a smile. "She's your girlfriend?" 

"No" Chaeyoung mutters. "She's my wife, actually"

"Oh, I thought you were single" the ahjumma laughs. "My granddaughter is hot and single" she winks and Chaeyoung immediately feels threatens. 

"And since Lisa doesn't wear her wedding ring, so I thought she was available"

"Oh, no" Chaeyoung replies behind gritted teeth. "We are very modern couple. We don't really believe in wedding rings. They are just accessories"

"Very well" the ahjumma smiles. "You can start now, Lisa. And it's nice meeting you too, Lisa's wife"

The ahjumma walks away and Lisa yanks Chaeyoung to the side of her car. 

"What the fuck?" she mumbles. 

"I don't like her. You're quitting today. This instance"

"What the hell?" the Thai scowls. "You are childish. She was just joking. You don't have to snap or get angry or whatever"

"Well, it's not funny" the blonde replies. "And I told you many times to wear the wedding ring. Where is it now?"

"It's at home, Chaeng. Don't be too paranoid. And plus I don't like wearing it too much"

"Why?" the blonde questions. "Oh, because it makes it easy for you to hit on girls?"

"What? You are crazy" 

"Yes, I am"

"Just go, Chaeyoung" Lisa says as she opens the driver's door. "We'll see again later"

"Don't flirt, Lisa" Chaeyoung warns. "I'm serious"

"I'm not" Lisa mutters. "For the love of God, what is wrong with you?"

Chaeyoung doesn't answer. Fumingly, she walks into the car and gives the Thai one last look before driving away. 

That shop, that job; well one thing she knows for sure; her wife isn't going to work there for a long period. 

*votes and comments*