#61

Roseanne wakes up to an empty bed and a small, scribbled note with Lisa's handwriting. Squinting one eye, she reads it through one glance, only to feel tiny little smoke starts to blow out of her ears.

My dearest baby,

I gotta go. Jennie called and she didn't sound good. I see you later :)

Love, Lisa

She knows she's not supposed to be jealous over Jennie and Lisa's closeness. That's expected; both of them have been best friends since the beginning and Roseanne knows that it's not in her place to ask Lisa to stop seeing the pretty cat eyed woman even though she damn well sure Lisa would do what she wants if she asks her.

"Jennie is just a friend" she tells herself as she walks into the car where Joy awaits. The woman greets Roseanne happily with a bag of bagels and a cup of Americano for the blonde.

"Your favorite" Joy beams as she passes the items to Roseanne. She grabs and thanks her manager before taking out her phone from her bag, hoping there would be some text from her loving wife. But all hope is washed away when she sees no notification from her wife. Not even a single call.

Joy must have sensed something is happening because she keeps asking the blonde if everything is alright and Roseanne keeps telling her that she has everything under control. But that not until she stumbles upon Jennie's newest post on Instagram that makes her heart drops.

"Rosé" Joy holds her hand carefully, circling her thumb on the back of the blonde's hand. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I am"

"You look pale. Do you want to drop by the clinic or something?"

"I am fine, Joy" Roseanne convinces her. "Just, not in the mood"

"Okay. Just friendly reminder, you have a meeting with the CEO today about your comeback. She needs details and I'll prep you about that in a minute"

"Sure" Roseanne nods. "Do you mind if I call my wife first?"

"No, please do"

"Alright"

Taking a deep breath, the blonde hits Lisa's number. She keeps chewing in her lower lip, hoping she wouldn't hear another voice answering her wife's phone because that'd literally fucked up everything.

But that's the thing about life isn't it? That it doesn't give you what you want.

And that's exactly what happens to Roseanne.

She swears her heart almost broke when she hears Jennie's soft voice picking up the call.

"Yes?"

"Jen" Roseanne clears her throat. "Can you call Lisa?"

"Oh" the voice giggles. "I'm sorry. She's sleeping. Do you want me to wake her up?"

"She...what?"

"She's sleeping, Rosie" Jennie says nonchalantly. "On my bed. Do you want me to wake her up?"

"I umm...." The blonde stutters. She tries hard to stop her tears from falling now but they are too stubborn, they do roll down her cheeks but thank God, her reflex is amazing, she managed to stop them before Joy even notices.

"No need. Just want to check on her"

"Okay. I'll tell Lisa you called, okay?"

"Yes" Roseanne mumbles and the conversation ends.

Taking a deep breath, she tries to remain stoic in such situation. No, she internally scolds herself. Lisa wouldn't do that. She belongs to the blonde and Roseanne trusts her. She wouldn't want to make the same mistake of not trusting her. No, she wouldn't want to lose Lisa again.

"Roseanne Park?"

"Huh?" the woman turns to look at a smiling Joy.

"We are here, darling"

Roseanne looks around. They are already in the office's compound.

"Yep" the blonde nods. "Thank you, Joy"

***

"So, your new song is called On The Ground?"

Jisoo asks as her eyes scan the document that is laid before her on the brown desk. "Yeah, and to me it's a bit of my own personal experience"

"Care to share?"

The young CEO asks with her charming smile and Roseanne immediately blushes.

Stop this, Roseanne!

She scolds herself internally as she takes a deep breath. Of course, Roseanne and the whole company know how charming Jisoo can be at times, especially when she flashes her god-damned smile that makes even the coldest of heart melts.

And she would be lying to herself if she says she never felt any attraction towards the black haired because yes, she does feel it sometimes.

Especially right now when she is locked within a close proximity with the Korean. Jisoo looks amazingly gorgeous when Roseanne runs her eyes up and down the figure.

Jisoo has her hair neatly parted that they fall over her shoulders evenly

Jisoo has her hair neatly parted that they fall over her shoulders evenly. Her ears are pierced with expensive Dior earrings that only enhance her beauty and for one second, if only she wasn't married to Lisa and Jisoo to Jennie, the blonde wouldn't hesitate to date the young, dashing CEO.

"Rosie? Do you hear me?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Did you zone out?"

Jisoo asks softly and Roseanne nods awkwardly as heat surges to her face.

"I'm sorry, Jisoo..."

"Joy, if you may leave; I'd talk to Rosé only"

"Sure, Ms. Kim"

Joy nods before whispering to the blonde that she'll be in the cafeteria waiting for her.

"Ms. Kim?" Roseanne asks as she stares at Jisoo.

"I thought it should be Mrs. Kim?"

"Well, I keep it professional, Rosé" the CEO mumbles, intertwining her hands. "I don't want to mix my marriage with the business together, it wouldn't be good"

"I see"

"So, someone told me that Lisa went to Jennie last night?"

Roseanne stares at Jisoo for a moment.

"How did you know?"

"Honey, I have my eyes everywhere"

Jisoo chuckles and Roseanne lets out a heavy sigh.

"Lisa and I" the blonde starts. "We are okay. I love her a lot"

"I know you do" Jisoo signs at the edge of the paper where her signature is needed.

"But the question is" she folds her arms when she signals for the blonde to take the contract back.

"Does she love you back?"

***

vOtE and cOmMeNt ✊