#45

"We are engaged"

Jisoo says proudly as she holds Jennie's hand, showcasing the big, glimmering diamond ring. The Korean couldn't be more happier than the day Jennie finally accepts her proposal.

"Congratulations" the crowd mutters in unison. "When's the wedding?"

"We are not sure about that yet" the young CEO looks at her fiance. "Right now - I just want Jennie to be happy and comfortable. But we will announce it when the time is right"

"Jennie" one media calls. The cat - eyed girl nods, a simple smile on her lips.

"How about you and Lisa?"

"She's my best friend" Jennie takes a deep breath. Next to her, Jisoo smiles.

"I guess nothing changes" the supermodel mutters. "Next question"

 "Next question"

•••

Lisa is lying in her bed when she happens to see the live press conference. So, her best friend is marrying her best friend? What a great plot twist - she snaps. No wonder Jisoo always seemed uncomfortable when Lisa was flirting with Jennie. It turned out she had feelings for her.

Lisa isn't sure why but she feels a pang of pain in her chest; like her best friends have lied straight to her face. Well, she can hardly call them her best friends anymore.

Ever since her mom kicked her ass from their company - those two have been staying away at great distance as if trying to ignore the existence of the Thai. And the only person who has always had her back is only her wife; Chaeyoung.

And even the thought of the blonde only makes the Thai smiles idiotically.

"Hey" Lisa falls off her bed when she hears the blonde's voice out of the blue.

"Why did you fall?" Chaeyoung asks in amusement as she sets the tray on the nightstand and extends her arm to her wife. "You scared me," Lisa pouts.

"I was greeting you"

"Well, be gentle next time"

"Okay" Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "I made your favorite" the blonde points at the thick chicken broth she has spent forever cooking in the kitchen. "Ugh, thank you, baby. You are the best"

The Thai's heart leaps in joy as she wraps Chaeyoung in her arms. "Come on now" the blonde sits on the bed and pats the empty space next to her lovingly. "Let me feed you, love"

"Okay"

They spend a minute in silence as Lisa dreamily enjoys the broth.

"Ok, what's wrong?" the blonde asks as she blows the broth cool. "Nothing" Lisa nudges the question.

"Just tell me"

"Fine" the Thai whines. "I actually saw Jennie and Jisoo"

"Yes?"

"And apparently they are getting hitched"

"Really?" a smile lights up Chaeyoung's face. "Your best friends marrying each other?"

"Don't call them that" Lisa sighs. "They are not my best friends anymore"

"Love, you know they care for you, right?"

"Care?" the Thai frowns. "They've never called ever since mom kicked me outta her company. You have been there, baby" Lisa touches her forehead to Chaeyoung's. "Always"

"I love you. That makes me stay"

"And I love you too, baby. Just... can we talk about something else?"

"Sure" Chaeyoung smiles. "I mean, I have to go for a practice later but we've got 15 minutes left and yes, we can talk"

"Don't leave" Lisa quickly hugs the blonde tightly. "Don't leave, baby"

"I can't" Chaeyoung laughs. "I've a new song coming up and I need to go and practice"

"You're already a good singer" Lisa compliments which makes the blonde blushes.

"Even if that so" Chaeyoung feeds Lisa another spoonful of the broth. "I'd still have to go"

"Ugh, you're no fun"

"I'll be back early"

"Stil..."

"Don't worry love. You're the one I'm in love with"

"Promise?" Lisa shows her pinky finger before Chaeyoung nods and intertwines hers with Lisa's. "I promise"