#33

She doesn't bother to knock. She knows the Thai wouldn't even answer since she is way much too broken to even give a damn about her entering the dark room.

"Lisa?" she calls in the dark. "Are you okay?"

No answer.

"Lisa?"

She calls again but still gets no reply. As she turns her heels towards the exit, her ears catch soft sobbing from the bed. Precisely, under the cover.

Slowly, Chaeyoung walks back, approaching the Thai who seems to bury herself under the comfy duvet cover.

Her hand gently caresses the cover when she hears the Thai speaks a single word.

"Jennie?"

"No" Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "I'm called Chaeyoung - not your evil, pretty girlfriend"

"Owh" Lisa stifles a sob. "Go away" she tells but Chaeyoung can't help but to smile at the cuteness of the voice. Lisa totally sounds like a kid that is trying to tell her mom to go away, after she has been scolded.

"Come on now" the blonde says as she lies on her back, next to Lisa. "Talk to me if you want. I'll listen"

"No" Lisa says.

"No?" the blonde echoes

"No" the Thai confirms

"No?" the blonde asks again.

"Stop it, Chaeng. You're irritating me"

Chaeyoung smiles.

"Tell me. What happened"

"You probably already knew from the fighting we had earlier"

"No I didn't" Chaeyoung mutters. "I can swear. I was putting on my headphone all the time"

"You can't be serious" Lisa says as she pulls the cover off her face. "Why didn't you listen?"

"Because I wasn't interested" the blonde explains. "I knew it was private to you, so i thought you probably would tell me yourself if you wanted to"

"She broke up with me" Lisa says as she scoots closer to the blonde, her face literally in the crook of the blonde's neck.

"Really?" the blonde asks, pretending to be shocked. "Why?"

"Because she wanted to save her career and I wasn't that important enough for her"

"Maybe the thing about career is right" the blonde says. "But the thing that follows isn't"

"Why not?" Lisa frowns. "I am not important to Jennie"

"Surely you must, girl" Chaeyoung stares. "If not, she wouldn't come here to talk to you"

"I don't care" Lisa sobs again. This time she wipes her own tears using Chaeyoung's shirt. 

"My heart is broken" 

"It's not the end of the world, Lisa" her wife says as she sits up straight on the bed; legs crossed.

 "You'll be fine. Trust me"

"How?" the Thai whines. "Don't you know broken heart isn't easy to mend?"

"Well, maybe I can help you with that"

"You can't" Lisa frowns. "You have never been in love with anyone in your life"

"Hey" Lisa winches as she gets a smack on the arm. "Don't be mean. Just because I never have a love life doesn't mean I know nothing about love. Of course I do. I just haven't met the right person"

"If you do, will you leave me too?" Lisa asks out of blue.

"Umm, I don't know" the blonde replies. "Maybe?"

"Aish, I'm so sad now, Chaeng" Lisa mumbles as she stares at the ceiling. "I mean, I have lost everything. My career, my girlfriend, my life. What else is there for me?"

"You have me" Chaeyoung mutters. "And I'm already tired of having to be your nemesis in this house. Can't we just be on the same page?"

"We can't" Lisa snaps. "We are different books"

"Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. Mine is an adventure one while yours is a sappy shit"

"Stop, it Chaeng"

"Since you're still heartbroken about your jackass girlfriend, do you want to go out with me? We can go and eat sushi if you want"

"No. I'm broke. I've lost all of my money. Don't you remember?"

"It'd be my treat" Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "Or do you want to eat Pizza instead? We can't have popcorn or ice cream since you say you dislike sweet things"

"You remember?" Lisa scowls. 

"Sure. It's not a Mathematical concept or what"

"Why are you always so mean?"

"Oh, haven't you heard yourself?"

"Stop it, Chaeng"

"Ok, I'll stop" the blonde stands up. "I guess pizza then?"

"I don't feel like eating"

"Ok" the blonde leaves the Thai on her bed. "Go on mopping, I won't even ask you to stop"

"You're a meanie, Park Chaeyoung"

"Pleasure. That's my pleasure"

*votes and comments*