#16

"Lisa" 

Nayeon greets with a wide grin. 

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for your marriage"

"Well" Lisa stares the figure dead in the eyes. "Thank you, I guess?"

Chaeyoung stares at Lisa. She couldn't believe that the monster has just said it in the most sadistic way ever. 

Wrapping an arm quickly around Lisa's bicep, Chaeyoung stretches her hand to meet Nayeon's. 

"Hello. I'm Rosé. Her wife" she points at Lisa who completely looks uninterested. 

"I know" Nayeon smiles. "I'm such a fan of your songs, Rose!"

"Oh, thank you very much" Chaeyoung beams a smile. She is talking about something with Nayeon when a lanky figure approaches them. 

A soft blonde in black dress. 

"Hi, Lisa" the figure greets politely but before Chaeyoung can say anything, Miyeon leans forward and brushes her lips with Lisa. 

The Thai stares at the soft blonde. Eyes hardening at her figure. 

"What" she says behind her greeted teeth. 

"Do you want, Miyeon?"

"You know what I want" Miyeon whispers, licking her own lips wet.

"I do not" Lisa hisses. "All I know is that you are crazy" 

Miyeon laughs. Chaeyoung stares at her for a moment before swallowing her own saliva and pulls Lisa away, feeling if she doesn't, something bad is going to happen. 

"Who the hell is that?" she asks cautiously when they stand apart from the crowd. 

"Lisa, I'm asking you" she asks again but the Thai ignores her completely. 

"Lisa, I'm .... -"

"Just shut up, Chaeng" Lisa urges before walking away. Her eyes are red with anger. 

"Her past" a low but sophisticated voice echoes from Chaeyoung's back. She turns to glare and spots Jisoo right away. She is drinking a wine in one hand as Chaeyoung draws herself closer.

"Her... what?"

"Past" Jisoo repeats as she takes a sip of her own drink. "And that's all I can tell you about her"

"But I don't understand" Chaeyoung explains. "Lisa must have liked her because she didn't even push her away when the bitch kissed her"

"Well, there's a long story about, that Chaeyoung" Jisoo explains. "Or do you prefer me calling you Rose?"

"You can call me Chaeyoung" the blonde says. "Rosé is just my stage name"

"Chaeyoung it is then" Jisoo cheers. "Do you drink?"

"Not really" the blonde admits, her cheeks blush as she says that. 

"Wow, fun fact" Jisoo grins. "Do you know Lisa drink Vodka like a fish?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. And she normally smokes after three shots"

"Oh, that doesn't sound like a healthy lifestyle, isn't it?" the blonde asks and Jisoo laughs straightaway. 

"Right. Anyway, just call me Jisoo" the older girl says. 

"I can't. You're my boss, remember?"

"And you're my best friend's wife. So, technically you are my friend too" Jisoo grins. 

"Gosh, that's genius of you" Chaeyoung smirks. 

"Listen, I know it's hard to be with her" Jisoo eyes Lisa who is now speaking to her mom. 

"But she's cool when you don't step on her nerves"

"Unfortunately, everything I do seem to be stepping on her nerves"

"You're quite funny, Chaeyoung" Jisoo comments. "You'll fit with Lisa"

"I doubt that"

"And here's my number" Jisoo passes the card to Chaeyoung who has her jaw broken by the moment she wraps the card in between her fingers. "Feel free to talk if that brat over there makes you feel like shit"

"Your girlfriend hates me, Jisoo" Chaeyoung utters, her eyes catching Jennie in the crowd. 

"Uh-uh" she corrects Chaeyoung, shaking her head twice. "She's not my girlfriend"

"Oh, really? I'm sorry, Jisoo. I thought..."

"We have been friends since we were kids" Jisoo chuckles. "Our moms are best friends you see, so yeah. We become just like our moms"

"How fun that must be" Chaeyoung sighs.

"Oh, it's really fun. I assure you. But there's always a price to be paid behind each smile"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing" Jisoo takes a sip of her wine. "Anyway, excuse me. I have to go and refill my cup. Are you sure you don't want?" Jisoo asks again, trying to be polite.

"No" Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I'm good, Jisoo"