#30

Lisa wakes up to Chaeyoung's voice calling her name. She turns to her side on the bed, taking a great hold of her penguin plushie before noticing the light that is invading her room from the moderate opening of her window.

"What the hell?" the brat thinks to herself. "When did I fucking open the window?" she asks herself again as she groans. The thing about Lisa is that she prefers a black bedroom - lights out because it makes her feel comfortable that way.

Even the slightest of morning rays would get to tick her off. But right now, Lisa can clearly see how blinding the light is and she has trouble seeing things perfectly from her bed.

Cursing under her breath, she wakes up annoyingly and shuts the window closed - just in perfect timing when the door creaks open.

"Oh, you're up" Chaeyoung says as she leans her back against the doorframe and her grip tightens around a greasy spatula.

"I thought you were dead or something"

The blonde snaps. "Since I've been yelling your name for an hour or two"

"Stop being so fucking dramatic, Park Chaeyoung" Lisa warns lowly as she shuffles back to her bed. "I don't think you want to sleep" the blonde walks in, pulling the curtain open.

"Hey, what the fuck you think you are doing? I hate the light"

"But I love them"

"Well, I don't care. Do it in your room"

"Wake up and wash yourself because you mom is swinging by"

"What?" Lisa frowns. "Why would she want to be here?"

"I don't know," Chaeyoung shrugs as she passes the Thai her towel. "She texted me that she's coming. That was all"

"God, this is fucking insane"

"Stop cursing, Lisa," Chaeyoung warns. "And just go wash yourself. You look like a pig. Honestly"

"Really?" Lisa looks at Chaeyoung bitterly. "Because you look like a fake blonde"

"I don't care"

"Me neither" Lisa replies as she drags her lazy feet towards the bathroom and slams it intentionally as she sees the blonde staring.

"Pabo" Rosie scolds. "I don't know what am I doing with her ass"

***

Ella Manoban walks in with a smile when her eyes meet her pretty daughter - in - law; Park Chaeyoung; but the smile falters when she locks her gaze with her daughter. "Won't you come and greet your mom?" she asks sarcastically.

"No. I don't see the need in that"

"Your cockiness reminds me of your father" Ella Manoban says unenthusiastically. "What jerk man"

"I don't want to know," Lisa snaps. "Anway, what brings you here?"

"I'm just dropping by to make you know - that" she eyes Chaeyoung who is now looking nervous like hell. "As long as you are not able to fix your marriage; you won't be able to return to the work. And by that I mean; all the privileges you have had - would be retracted"

"You're kidding, right?" the Thai asks. "Kidding?"

"I am afraid I am not" Ella Manoban crosses her legs together, giving Lisa a solemn look.

"No, mom. You're insane. This is fucking insane. You can't do this to me"

"You have been doing the same thing to me too, Lisa"

"No" Lisa scowls. "I don't"

"Yes you did" Ella Manoban looks at her daughter furiously. "What do you think? All the scandals? All the past girlfriends? All the stupid controversies you had found yourself in won't cost us an arm and a leg to solve it? Because it somehow did, Lisa. I had to pay to people to shut their minds and mouths; or otherwise Manoban would never be like what we are now"

Lisa rolls her eyes annoyingly at her mother.

"And I won't allow you to do that damage again to me; to our family. That's why I want you to find your way with your marriage. Make it work. And just be happy instead of so angry at the world"

"What if I get a divorce?" Lisa asks, causing Chaeyoung to accidentally choke on the drink she's currently sipping. Ella Manoban gives Lisa a death glare before she hurries to run down her hand on Chaeyoung's back.

"You are not getting a divorce" her mom fumes. "Or getting separated. Or letting the sides down in any way. You're going to make this marriage work, young lady and if you ever thinks of ditching Chaeyoung, I will personally hit you and pull a trigger on your pretty forehead"

"That's pretty dramatic," Lisa comments.

"Anyway, I'm letting you to keep this house" her mom says - "Because of your wife"

"But you still have to find a job in the meantime, Lisa. Since everything will be retracted from you"

"So, you're basically saying I'm poor and jobless now?" the brat asks. "Bingo"

"Mom, you know what? You really are the worst mom in the world, and I wish you were dead" Lisa spits those words like a venom before walking away, slamming the fucking door so hard, that even her hand is prickled with pain.

"I'm sorry, for what she has done, mom" Chaeyoung starts as she musters a weak smile. "But can you, can you please reconsider it? We all know Lisa. She wouldn't make it if she is about to find another job"

"It's okay, Chae. You don't have to worry. I know what I'm doing"

"I know but it's Lisa" the blonde refers. Chaeyoung doesn't know why but the thought of seeing Lisa working somewhere else outside her family's corporation is weird as hell. The woman has a short fuse and Chaeyoung fears if she wouldn't last in every job that she ever gotten.

"Don't worry" Ella Manoban smiles. "It's the only way to save this marriage"

"But I'm okay with not being in love" Chaeyoung murmurs.

"But I'm not okay with that, Chaeyoung. I know you deserve better and not my daughter. I know that very well. But I don't want her to be making the same mistake her dad made years ago. I want her to fight for her marriage, fight for you and just be the Lisa I know she's meant to be instead of this playgirl, problematic ass.

"If you say so" Chaeyoung looks at the woman. "Then I don't have anything else to say.

*votes and comments*