#44

Mina stares at the Thai secretly from her desk. Lisa has been staring into the void for quite some time now. And since it is raining all day today and not many customers swing by the shop, she decides to approach the dark haired that has somehow become her crush. She can't help it. Lisa is so beautiful and cute at the same time. Every time Lisa talks something to Mina, the brunette feels like there are a shitload of butterflies in her stomach, fluttering their wings. She knows damn well that this feeling should be here in the first place, but Mina just couldn't avoid it. Lisa is too adorable to not ever fall for.

"Hey, Lisa. What's wrong?" Mina asks as she pulls a stool from the left side of the window and places it next to Lisa behind the counter. The dark haired stares at her blankly for a moment before slowly coming back to earth. "Hi, Mina" she mumbles adorably and the brunette can feel how warm her cheeks are now. She just hopes Lisa wouldn't notice that. It would clearly destroy their friendship.

"I asked you, what's wrong?" the Korean asks again as she grabs a book from the top of the counter and pretends to read. "You seem off mood today"

"Oh" Lisa sighs, sitting down and runs her hand over her face.

"Let me guess" the brunette laughs. "It's your wife?"

"Yeah" Lisa chuckles. It's always so predictable when it comes to Chaeyoung and her effect on Lisa. "How did you know?"

"Well, normally it's always your wife" Mina points out. "What happened this time?"

"Do you mind if I say it?" Lisa stares, resting her chin in her palm as she looks at the friendly brunette. Mina nods, clearly doesn't mind it.

"Well, she's a bit jealous of you"

"What?" the brunette asks shockingly. "She...What?"

Lisa laughs seeing Mina's reaction. God, the brunette has always got her own way in making the best reaction ever. "She's jealous of you"

"Why would she be?"

"I don't know. I don't understand it either"

"Lisa" Mina calls, grabbing Lisa's hand and squeezing it gently. "You can just tell her ..."

"Tell me what?" a high pitched voice suddenly invades the cozy serenity of the bookstore. Lisa and Mina both diverted their eyes towards the door where Chaeyoung is now standing, half soaking from the heavy rain.

"B...Ba..Baby..." Lisa trembles. Fuck, she curses herself for stuttering.

"What are you doing here?" she quickly lets go of Mina's hand and rushes to get her wife instead. But the blonde quickly takes a step backwards as Lisa approaches her. Her eyes; instead of warm, they are not cold and filled with tears.

"I thought we were okay" the blonde finally says, her voice breaking and without Chaeyoung knowing, it breaks Lisa's heart too. "But of course" Chaeyoung stares at the Thai again. "Why would I trust someone who used to play the field?"

"Chaeng, it's not like what you think" Lisa pleads as she glares at Mina nervously, hoping the brunette would come forward and clear the matter.

"Yes" Mina gulps. "We were just talking, Chaeyoung ..."

"Talking?" she chides. "Talking while holding each other's hands? How sweet"

"Baby, please ..." Lisa pleads but Chaeyoung shakes her head, tears on her cheek before she runs into the rain, leaving the Thai in despair.

"Go after her" Mina encourages as she throws Lisa's bag in the air.

"I can't" the Thai says in panic. "My working hour isn't finished yet"

"What the hell?" Mina scowls. "I'll cover for you"

"No, I still can't" the Thai paces nervously back and forth.

"Why?"

"Because I don't fucking know how to console her, okay? I'm suck at stuff like this"

"What your woman needs right now" Mina facepalms herself. "Is a hug and an assurance, that you guys are alright"

"How am I supposed to hug her?" Lisa wonders. "You saw she didn't want to be hug when she was in the store"

"GET YOUR ASS GOING, MANOBAN" the Korean yells. "Or you're gonna lose her forever"

"You're so dramatic, Mina"

"Just go" Mina says one last time and Lisa nods as she ventures into the heavy rain, desperate looking for her blonde wife who has misunderstood the whole fucking situation.

She runs down the street; her clothes soaking when she spots the blonde talking to her bodyguard under a nice umbrella.

"Chaeyoung!" Lisa yells frantically and the blonde looks over her shoulder only to have her eyes widened in shock.

"WHAT THE HELL?" she scolds loudly as the Thai stops before her. Immediately, she pulls the Thai into the back of the Mercedes and asks the driver to step out for a while as they are going to have a conversation. Water dripping out of Lisa's hair and Chaeyoung, muttering heavy profanities under her breath quickly takes her own small towel as she dries the Thai's hair.

"WHAT THE FUCK, LISA?" she scolds again as tears stream down her eyes. "WHY DID YOU RUN IN THE RAIN? DON'T YOU KNOW YOU CAN GET SICK? AND I'M FUCKING BUSY NOW I CAN'T BE HOME ALL DAY TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. ARE YOU GOING TO KILL ME IN GUILT?"

"Don't leave, Chaeng" Lisa says as she hugs the blonde into her arms. Chaeyoung must be wet like her too but her unusual warmth makes Lisa melts. "Don't fucking leave me, Chaeng"

"I'm not leaving you, Lisa" the blonde reciprocates the hug back. "I'm just mad. You let her held your hand"

"We were talking about you..." Lisa explains.

"About me?"

"Yeah" Lisa nods. "About how you always feel the need to get jealous over me and Mina. And then you walked in and misunderstood the whole damn thing"

"You can't blame me" the blonde pouts. "I mean, I have never loved anyone the way I love you Lisa and I don't want you having eyes on someone else than me"

"I don't, Chaeng" the Thai confirms. "My eyes; they are only for you. Just like my heart is"

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath as she stares into the doe eyes of the Thai she has grown very much fond of. Holding both sides of Lisa's face, Chaeyoung leans forward, brushing their foreheads together. "Sorry, love" she calmly says. "I might overreacted a bit" she chuckles, remembering the incident back. "But I love you and I'm sorry for all the mean things I said"

"It's okay" Lisa says back. Her eyes growing heavy by the moment Chaeyoung retreats her back against the seat. "You okay?"

"I am" Lisa says before sneezing unapologetically. Suddenly, the blonde looks alarmed.

"I TOLD YOU, LOVE!" she yells again. "GREAT, NOW YOU'VE A COLD"

"It's just a cold" Lisa says as she rests her head against Chaeyoung's neck. "I'm okay"

"We have to get you home" the blonde says as she knocks the window and signals for her driver to walk in. "Home" she tells the driver. "Now"

"I thought you had somewhere else to go?"

"Not now" Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. "Not when my wife is suddenly sick because I made her ran in the rain over petty fight"

Lisa couldn't help but smile. "Are we okay, now baby?"

"We are" the blonde looks away but her arms are around Lisa's waist. "Good" the Thai chuckles. "Because I love you"

"And I love you too"

***
0oO I like it when Lisa is head over heels with Chaeyoung 😋