#32

"Hey, baby"

Jennie musters a smile as she walks herself towards the Thai. "How are you?"

"I bet you know it already" Lisa looks away, her own hands trembling, just like her voice. And Jennie hates it. She hates being the one who makes the Thai feeling so fragile, when Lisa has always been the one who makes her feel so strong in every step that she takes.

"Can't say I don't" Jennie sighs, taking a seat next to the Thai. "Can't say I'm happy with it either"

"I have lost everything, Jen" Lisa takes Jennie's small hand into hers. "The career, the money, the family. I have lost everything, Jen"

"Then you know that I'm saving your ass" Jennie exclaims.

"Not by ditching me" Lisa mumbles. "Please don't, Jen" the Thai pleads as she sinks to her knees, her hands still around Jennie's.

"Please don't let me, Jen. I beg you. You know I have never loved anyone like I love you"

"But you are married, Lisa" the Korean mutters sadly. "And I can't afford risking my whole career just because I want to be seen with you"

"Married or not, it doesn't matter. You know this all just a game. Just like all the games we played before"

"But the difference this time" Jennie looks Lisa in the eyes; "Is that you married the subject"

"BECAUSE I WANTED TO WIN THE BET WITH MIYEON!" The Thai yells.

"She said I couldn't find someone better than her. So, I married Chaeyoung to prove her wrong; that I could find someone better than her"

"Marriage is not a game, Lisa" Jennie hisses. "Marriage is when you feel like spending your forever with one who holds your heart ... -"

"And you hold my heart, Jennie. You surely do" Lisa cries as she hugs Jennie's knees. "Please. Please don't leave, Jen. I don't want to play this game anymore. I'm out"

"It's too late now" Jennie kisses Lisa's head. "It's too late, Lili"

"You love me too, right Jen?" Lisa looks up, only to stare into Jennie's dreamy eyes.

"I do," Jennie says. "With all my heart"

"Then let's get married. We can be happy, Jen. It's just us that I need"

"But it's not that easy" the Korean says, standing up on her feet.

"It will never be easy"

"It will, if only you trust me"

"Well, I trust you, Lili. I just trust you so much that I know maybe, after all we don't meant to be for one another"

"Wait" Lisa stands up. Pausing as she stares at Jennie. "Are you breaking up with me?"

"We have never been in a relationship, Lisa" Jennie tries to walk towards the door but Lisa grabs her wrist, stopping her abruptly. "Well, not officially" the dark haired mutters. "But you knew it all along that we were deeply in love back then just like we are now"

"Lisa" Jennie presses her lips together. "Listen. I don't want us anymore. It's done. We are done. Just go and listen to whatever that you mom wants you to and stop running after me. I can't risk losing everything"

"So, this is about your career?" Lisa laughs sadly. "About your entire fucking career?"

"It is" Jennie says. "And it will always be"

"You" Lisa pauses, looking away before finding all the courage to look into Jennie's eyes one last time; "Have no idea how worthless you made me feel"

"Lisa ...."

"No" Lisa yanks her arm. "Just fucking go, Jen. It's what you want"

"I won't go unless you let me. Like you mean it"

"Oh fuck you"

"Lisa..."

"Just go" the Thai groans. "Go, before I crumble again"

Jennie stares weakly at the Thai before walking away. Jisoo waits for her at the door; clearly she must have heard everything they talked.

"Are you okay?" she asks first thing as she holds Jennie by her hand but Jennie quickly yanks it.

Jisoo nods, half rolling her eyes. "I guess, we go back now?"

Jennie nods before throwing a gaze at Chaeyoung who is now looking concern as she walks into Lisa's room.

For a moment, the cat eyed woman wishes she was Chaeyoung. So that she won't have to leave the Thai or hurts her.

But of course, it's just all impossible. 

*votes and comments*