Chapter 98: What the future holds

For the final time,
Hey bitches.

Make sure you read the authors note on the next chapter!

————————————————————————

5 years later:

I had tucked my gun away for tonight.
We both had, no weapons were allowed at family barbecues, it was Christian's rule.
Pretty boring if you ask me, we could have had a great game of cops and robbers.

I stared into the mirror in awe, I remember our first family barbecue. How could I forget?
Nothing will ever match up to those times, life would never get better than that but if you don't learn to live with the present you get left behind in the past.

And Sienna D'Angelo Vance does not get left behind.

"Are you ready yet?" Dominico comes bursting into the room as I anxiously scatter at his entrance.
He stares at me curiously, I chose not to stare back.
I can't look too hard into his eyes, not yet.

"I'm ready bitch." I answer exiting my room, dragging him slowly behind me.

We make our way to the backyard which is bursting with the scents of different food as well as crowded with family, so much of it.
I missed this, I missed being normal and doing normal things.

"Did we actually have to attend this?" He groans.

"Yes we did you antisocial fuck." I chuckle at his mood.

Nothing has changed. He still hates people, we hate them together.

"I'm going to find Xavier, he better not be with my sister." His face turns dark.
"I love you."

"I love you too." I reply as he kisses my forehead before leaving me at the sight of the chaotic D'Angelo family.

It's crazy to think how easy that word now comes to us.
Love.

I'm still not sure whether either of us even know what love means, I guess our version of it is enough to settle my heart.

My eyes capture Natalia sitting under a marquee looking as bored as ever. I hadn't seen my favourite resident whore recently so I made that my first stop and sat beside her exhausted self.
As soon as we made eye contact, a literal shiver of fear ran down my spine.

Scary bitch.

"I just spent forty minutes listening to some useless, waste of breath child talk about the power puff girls." She groans palming her forehead.

"That sounds like a you problem, one which I will not intervene." I humour her suffering.

This is why everyone tries to kill you Sienna.

Interrupting our conversation, a very worn out Adriano sits himself beside us.
"How's Stalin?" He asks.

"Who the fuck is Stalin?" I question.
He points the Natalia's pregnant stomach with such ease.

"YOU'RE NAMING THE BABY STALIN?" My eyes widen in shock.

"I'm rather offended at your tone cagna. Stalin is an extravagant name." He folds his arms impulsively.

"That's worse than Carlos calling his son Schit." I enlighten him though no one can discourage Adriano once he has an idea.

"I have you know my child will be a world renown -." He pauses momentarily.

Dictator buddy. He'll be a fucking dictator.

I attempt to divert my attention from this conversation mainly because it's giving me brain damage as I notice Aiden in the corner, rather unimpressed at the chaos.