Chapter 4: The Mafia Boss

Dream vacation.. Go

Mine would probably end like the Maldives or something

————————————————————————

We were both corrupted by silence for a while. I guess it's because none of us really knew where to start. There is so much that I'm dying to know yet I simply don't know how to ask.

The silence was beginning to frustrate me so I broke it.
"How did things turn out so shit?" I sigh, sadness lingering in my voice.

"I'm still trying to figure that out." He chuckles, a broken one.
He inhales deeply "Your mother took you away from me the day you were born. I had no idea that she would as we were in love and had an amazing future ahead of us. I have spent the last 18 years looking for you but I could never find you. Every time I got close, it was a dead end."

I begin to take in what he is telling me, "if you were so in love why would she take me away from you?" I question, this is all so crazy to me.

"This lifestyle is dangerous, I guess she just wanted to protect you. I don't hate her for it but I resent her for not giving me a place in my daughter's life." He grips on his leather chair as the words come out of his mouth, I can hear anger and pain in his voice.

"Where is your mother? Why has she just now decided you could meet me?" He questions.

I swallow anxiously but even then I struggled to get my words out. "She's dead."
I refuse to cry and right now I refuse to answer questions regarding her it's too painful.

I shot him a confused look as I just realised what he previously said.

"lifestyle?"
What the fuck is so bad that would mean I can't grow up with a dad?

He notices my confusion. "Your mother never told you, did she?"
I shake my head, tell me what? What the fuck is going on?

"I am the Boss of the Italian Mafia Cara." (Dear) He says so calmly.

"Sorry, Escobar, you're the what?" I say scolding myself for buying a one way ticket.
Fuck Sienna you are going to die now. Well done you stupid bitch.

Suddenly everything clicks into place, it all makes sense now. I understood why my mother was always so cautious and suspicious and why she made me learn all that I did in my childhood.

Well no fucking shit Sienna she didn't teach you how to become prone to torture for fun.

"Yeah that explains a lot." I laugh, weird because I should be more scared for my life by being here yet I'm laughing with a deadly man.
I'm lying, deep deep down inside I'm fucking horrified but they don't need to know that.

Then again he is my father, he can't kill me. Can he?

I immediately decided to change the subject, I have got my answer and I'll deal with it later.
Stop running from reality Sienna.
I'm not running, I'm jogging...with speed.

"Apparently I have siblings, is that true?"
I see an enormous smile grow across my father's face, the first time I have seen him properly smile and it tugs at my heart slightly.

"Sì, Christian and Adriano, believe me they have been as adamant to find you as me. You will meet them in due time cara." (Dear)
Lovely. When's that pops?

Our conversation is cut short by a violent knock at the door. My father shouts for them to come in and I'm astonished as well as mortified when I turn my attention to the doorway just to come in contact with the...delinquent that I had first laid my eyes on in his bedroom.