Going nowhere🕺🏽💕🛸

Anyways, Black Lives Matter if you ain't know, now you know ✊🏾💕!

*

  " nova !!" I heard and seen keoni, namani and kyries mom ; Kelly .

  " y-your bleeding ! Your covered in blood " Namani hands shook .

" what happened nova ? And did you call mom and dad ?" Key asked and I nodded and wiped my tears .

" th-the officer told us to get out the car . He questioned me quickly and then asked kyrie why we were out almost at midnight .." I looked down and played with my fingers .

" ky told him we were going to his house for kayden and asked if we could go already . " I sniffed .

" the officer told him to put his hands on the car and took out his baton but I pulled his arm telling him not to hit ky...so he hit me instead " I lifted up the side of my shirt .

  There was a big ass bruise on it making their eyes water . " I fell and kyrie yelled for me and as soon as he tried to walk towards me , the cop pulled out his gun and told him not to walk closer ."

" as they went back and forth..I was able to get up slowly and I knew he was about to pull the trigger so I jumped in front of ky.."

" oh my god .." nana covered her mouth . " I swear I thought I saved him..I was gonna take the bullet for him " I really had no tears left to cry .

  "The bullet only grazed me and it went through his st-stomach , then the cop drove off ...like nothing happened " I whispered and felt my eyes get heavy .

  " nova ..nova !" I heard keoni yell and I heard a bunch of footsteps coming in the hospital and reporters asking questions but I blanked out...I just wanted my parents here and my man to be okay .

*

" nova ! Baby wake up " I heard mom and dads voice making my eyes open instantly.

" oh my god " they both hugged on me making me wince loudly . " be careful " keoni told them .

" what the hell happened?" Dad held my hand . I moved the front part of my bed so I could sit up and I told them the whole story.

" and this is what us black people get for doing simple things , we get shot and worse !" Mom scoffed. " is kyrie okay ? Where is he ?" I moved the blanket off of me .

" don't even think about getting up , your ribs are fractured-"

" yeah and my boyfriend has a hole in his body ..I'm finding him " I slowly got up with the help of namani .

" you can't leave the room , there's reporters everywhere "

Before I could say something a doctor walked in , and it wasn't my doctor. " is Mrs. Johnson here ?" .

Kelly stood up and I walked next to her as she gripped my hand . " kyrie is out of surgery..and he's doing just fine "

It felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders " we were able to remove the bullet and thanks to you nova , the bullet didn't travel far . You guys can go see him " she smiled.

" security will take you guys " dad said . Kelly grabbed my hand and walked with me out to his room with security around us .

" have your time with him ..I'll go last" Kelly rubbed my shoulder as his doctor came out . " he's been awake for a while and is recovering very well , He needs you guys" She smiled and walked off .

" go . I'll wait and call kayden; make sure he's okay " She nodded and I went inside his room .

" who's there?" I heard and I walked so he could see me .

" hey.." I walked up to his bed and his face lit up . "I should've made us stay home, i-"

" hey! This is none of our faults but that cop "I held his hand.

" why would you jump infront of me..?" He squeezed my hand.

I nodded my head " because I know you'll do the same " I sniffed and he nodded .

  " did you mean what you said? ...You love me ?"

I nodded my head " I knew I really loved you while we were best friends..way before we got together. I thought to just say it because y-you were going to surgery and I didn't know if that was gonna be my last time seeing you "

" ky I thought I was gonna lose you " I broke down but that just made my ribs hurt more .

" aye stop all that crying , I ain't going nowhere you hear me ?" . I nodded and wiped my face .

" let me see your ribs " .  I lifted up my gown and showed him the bruise that takes up mostly half of my side .

  " oh..my god " he traced his finger on it softly and then I fixed my gown . " look at me , this is not over okay ?"

I nodded my head " I love you"

" I love you too " I softly laid my head on his chest making sure I didn't touch around his stomach .

"We gone be aight, you hear me ?" He kissed my head and I nodded.

After twenty minutes of us enjoying the silence and being together, I let him spend the rest of his time with his mom and I went in my room with my family.

I had to stay in the hospital for two days and ky had to stay in for a week and a couple days so I begged and convinced the doctors to move my bed into his room and our parents stayed with us .

___