49

"kara wake up." you felt Mattia lightly shake you.

it felt like you just closed your eyes and now you have to open them again.

"ugh what time is it?" you said rubbing your eyes.

"it's 6 am, we have to be on the plane by 7:30." he rubbed your back while you sat up.

he went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and you flopped back down.

"you better not be laying back down." he said muffled because he had his toothbrush in his mouth.

"I'm noooott." you groaned exhausted.

you stood up and walked over to the bathroom.

after you showered, you grabbed one of mattia's hoodies and some sweatpants, you were going to be on the plane for a long 19 hours and you planned to sleep.

you brushed your hair up in a ponytail and went into the bathroom to brush your teeth.

after you brushed your teeth you went downstairs to get breakfast.

"here, we don't have enough time to make a breakfast." he said handing you a pop tart.

"I hate pop tarts." you said sitting it on the table.

"well what do you want?"

"some iced coffee." you laid your head down.

he went into the fridge and brought out cold brew and creamer, then got ice. he made you iced coffee and then walked out the kitchen.

"are you ready?" he asked getting his bags and yours.

"yea."

"you got everything you need? like ipad, phone, computer, teddy bear, headphones, chargers, neck pillow, you got all of that?"

"yes, yes, yes, and yes. I'm all ready to go."

you put your book bag on and was about to walk out the door when you stopped.

"wait!"

"what?" he said turning around.

"I didn't say bye to Oliver." you turned around and went upstairs and saw Oliver sleeping on your bed.

"bye bye Oliver, sienna will come over and babysit you. I'm gonna miss you." you gave him a kiss and went back down.

"ok I'm ready to go now." you said leaving out the door.

you sat in the back seat while Mattia drove to the airport because you wanted to lay down and sleep.

when yall arrived, he woke you up and you guys went onto the flight.

ON FLIGHT

Mattia was doing something on his computer while you just laid on his shoulder and slept.

after the first hour passed by you woke up and Mattia was sleep.

you had to use the bathroom so you quietly got up and went into the restroom.

it was pretty small but surprisingly it smelled good, like lavender.

you closed the door and used the restroom.

you were washing your hands when you heard a knock onto the door.

you opened the door and saw a tall boy, he looked like mattia's age probably or even yours.

"oh sorry, I was um just finishing up."

"no your ok, I didn't really have to use it anyways. I just wanted to get away from my mom and my sister." he laughed softly.

his teeth were perfect and his eyes were a nice green/blue. his side profile was beautiful and his hair was so curly and fluffy looking.

"so are you going to bora bora?" you asked him.

"yea, I'm pretty sure this whole plane is." he said sarcastically.

"oh yea sorry." you said

"hey stop apologizing, you didn't do anything."

he was nice.

he sat down in the empty back row and left a seat open for you so you sat down.

"so did you come with your family too or?"

"not really, just a friend."

"oh, well I'm Atom, and I'm 19."

"I'm kara and I'm 19 as well."

"is your name spelled like a-t-o-m like atom from the 100?"

"yep, just like his haha." he said with a little laugh.

"that's cool."

"have you ever been on a plane before?"

"not really no, I went on one when I was 3 but I can't remember what it was like, you?"

"yea, my mom and dad are always going on business trips or moving us every other month."

"oh wow."

"yea, that's why I have no friends, I'm always on the go."

"well I'm your friend."

"yea but let's be honest after this plane ride your not even going to remember my name." he said laughing a bit.

"I promise I will, if we are going to the same place I'm pretty sure we will see each other again, and plus how big can that island be that we won't bump into each other."

you grabbed his phone out his hand and put your number in.

"there now you can text me whenever you want." you said with a sweet smile.

"thank you kara."

"no need to thank me, but I need to go back to my seat now so text me anytime.

you said standing up.

"bye." he waved a bit.

you went back over to your seat and watched a movie on your ipad.

it's been about five hours on the plane in total, mattia woke up a couple of times but went back to sleep.

you've been texting atom the whole time.

you found out a few things about each other, like how he was bisexual, he was very smart and loved musicals, he was a Leo, and so much more. it's like he was your best friend. you've never really had one of those ever since your dad went away.

you've always had many friends but not really ones who listen to you and understood you. I mean yeah you loved sienna and Liam and the whole crew but they always felt distant.

when you met atom it's liked you two clicked immediately, like the universe wanted you two to meet.

you got pulled out of your thoughts when you felt the plane shaking. you heard slight murmurs but not many.

you haven't been on a plane since you were a kid so you had no idea what was happening.

you took mattia's hand and squeezed it.

you were going to die.

— AN
DUN DUN DUNN