16

you were snuggled into mattia's arms all warm and cozy.

the time was 5 am and you both were out like a light.

except for when you heard a noise.

you were a VERY light sleeper so it was probably a branch hitting the window, until you heard it again.

it sounded like it was coming from downstairs.

you wanted to panic but didn't instead you stayed calm, even though you were scared af.

"daddy" you shook mattia softly trying to wake him up but he didn't budge.

you moved his hand from off your waist and got up.

you tip toed out the room very quietly making your way down the stairs.

your body shook when you heard another loud noise.

it sounded like someone was ruffling through stuff.

you were about to turn the corner and turn on the light when you felt a hand go over you mouth and felt you body being pulled back.

you freaked out a bit until he took his hand off and turned you around facing his face, it was mattia.

he had a finger on his lips basically saying "shh" while he pulled you in the guest room.

"stay here and don't come out until I say"

you sat at the edge of the bed and your hands where shaking a bit.

It wasn't until a couple of minutes you heard very loud arguing then a gunshot.

you shook at the very loud sound and your hands shook more.

you were scared as shit, did mattia get shot? did mattia shoot someone?

it was very quiet for a moment.

you slowly walked over to the door your shaking hand twisting the knob and going down the stairs

you didn't see anything until you turned the corner.

there was mattia holding a black gun. it wasnt big it was pretty small.

you thought everything was ok until you looked down. you saw a pool of blood it wasn't mattias you could say.

he was standing over a body , you didn't know who though bc you were so scared you ran back in the room.

"kara wait!"

you've never seen a dead body before.. you've never seen so much blood before.. you were so shocked and scared.

you just stared off it no space. it was so quiet

you heard the door open and there he was. he came over to you and tried to touch you.

"kara.."

you flinched a bit before he touched you. making him pull his hand back.

"are you scared of me? don't be scared of me."

"I-I'm not."

"yes you are"

"I-"