57

it was late at night and you couldn't sleep, you kept thinking about your dad and the boy across from you.

you closed your eyes and tried to remember, you tried to remember who the boy was and why you felt like you were important to him and he was important to you.

you opened your eyes because you heard your room door open. did you know this person? why were the dressed in a costume...they had on a white mask and had on black clothes. they came up close to you and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear.

you've seen this person before..

they turned around towards your IV machine and pulled out a needle from their pocket, the needle had some liquid in the tube.

you tried to push the button so the nurse could come but he moved it away from you.

after they finished they quickly walked out. 

you felt fine until you felt your throat slowly closing, you tried not to panic but you couldn't breathe. you tried reaching for the nurses button again but it was too far away.

you slowly closed your eyes and saw your dad again.

"w-what's happening?!" you said running over to him.

"breathe for me bean I need you to breathe for me." he said trying to calm you down.

"I c-can't h-help me p..please!" you fell down to your knees and held your chest tightly.

he kneed down and felt your red face.

"kara! breathe!"

you held his arm tightly and felt lightheaded. everything went black and you couldn't feel, hear, or see your dad anymore.

you opened your eyes and you were in the hospital room again.

god you hated this room.

instead of seeing the tall boy with dark hair you saw someone else..

a girl..

"hey kara." she rubbed the top of your hand while holding it.

she had dark hair, a black jean jacket on and big brown eyes.

"I know we aren't exactly friends but I just wanted to come make sure your ok. the doc said you don't quite remember everyone yet so hey I'm alexis."

the name replayed in your head, and you slowly let go of her hand.

"y..you killed my d-dad." your voice was raspy and it hurt to talk. you remembered her. you will always remember her.

she tried grabbing your hand again but you moved it away.

"I'm so fucking sorry I am. when I was 16 I got involved with the mafia and I haven't been able to leave since. I have regretted every thing I've done since then. I cant even sleep at night knowing what I do. I cant even look at myself in the mirror. and I'm so sorry I killed your father I am. I really like you kara and I could never hurt you. I was supposed to shoot one of you and I wasn't going to shoot you, so I shot him and I'm sorry."

you felt tears falling down your face.

"g-get out." you could see the hurt in her eyes but you didn't care... you were never gonna forgive her for what she did . not even if she made herself victim.

"Kara please."

"get out." you said a bit louder.

she backed away and left the room.

you took another deep breath and heard the door open again.

"hey kara, I just came to check up on you."
you looked over and it was the nurse.

she saw that it looked like you were crying.

"are you ok?" she said while writing down whatever the machines said on her clipboard.

"no, I hate this place." ..... "no offence."

"none taken. it's totally ok to hate a hospital bc most of the time you come here, it's for nothing good." she did a nice laugh and her big green eyes looked adorable.

"I just wish I could remember everything and not just certain bits and pieces."

"well I can try to help maybe, what do you want to know?" she closed the clipboard and sat on the edge of your hospital bed.

"who is that boy, the one who always comes in here?"

"oh that's mattia, he comes by the hospital everyday to make sure your ok. I don't know your guy's history but if I had to guess. he loves you. and I'm pretty sure y'all dated or is currently dating but I'm not sure I'm just guessing off of what I see."

you let the name repeat in your head a bit and tried thinking of memories with him.

"is there anything else you want to know?"

"yea, we will I be able to go home?" you smiled a bit and she laughed.

"soon." she got up and grabbed her clipboard heading out.

"thank you." you said to her and she gave a small nod before closing the door.

you laid back and tried thinking about Mattia, about who he was to you and why he felt so important to you.

-

after a couple of minutes you heard your room door open once again.

you looked over and it was Mattia, he had on a different outfit, his hair was less messier and he had a book bag.

"hi." you said to him as he sat down on the couch.

"hey, how do you feel?"

"kind of normal, I mean it would be better if I could remember everyone."

"well the doctor said by tomorrow you should have full memory." he took out his laptop and sat down.

"can you lay with me?" you said scooting over a bit.

he walked over to your bed and laid down next to you.

you laid your head on his shoulder and took everything in, his smell.. he smelled familiar, you knew that smell.

you closed your eyes and let the smell of his cologne sink in. hopefully when you wake up tomorrow every memory will be restored and you could probably go home.

AN
random question: cold water or warm (room temp) water? 🧊

my answer: cold water, if you drink room temp water, I'm gonna keep you in my prayers <3