64

"get up." you heard a voice, you were super cold and  it hurt to open your eyes because of how bright it was.

your arms hurt and when you finally opened your eyes you understood why, they were still tied up from last night, you felt cold hands on your wrist and you looked up to see Mattia untying you.

"go shower." he demanded. you slowly got up and rubbed your wrist, you walked to the bathroom and started the shower.

-

after you showered, brushed your teeth, and etc you went into ravens room and she was colouring something.

"hi raven." you sat next to her and smiled, she had her hair up in a ponytail like someone did it.

"hi, I had fun with Harry! he did my hair and we watched cool movies." she had a smile.

you were happy to see she wasn't as sick as she was yesterday morning.

"ok well you have fun." you gave her a kiss on her forehead and walked out.

you went downstairs and saw Mattia go in his office, you went in and he was sitting at his desk typing on his computer.

"hi um can we talk?"

he looked up at you like he wanted to say no, he looked like he was full of rage.you sat down and talked anyways.

"please let me explain why I was at the masquerade."

you could see him bite the inside of his cheek and he closed his laptop pretty hard making you flinch a little.

"ok so I went with vinnie, this was all vinnies idea-"

"you went with fucking vinnie? are stupid?" he interrupted.

"n-no vinnie said that he saw you bring the glove in the lab and so he did r-research.. vinnie said he knew who the guy in the mask was and all I needed to do was go to the masquerade with him and he would tell me."

"and how did that work out?" he said sarcastically.

"well um I don't know he kind of disappeared at the party, that's when I met nai and she-"

"DON'T call her that." he slammed his fist on his desk and stood up. you flinched and sat back.

"Don't call her nai, she's not your friend. Nailea is a BAD person."

"no she's not." you defended her

"I'm gonna tell you this once kara, forget about nailea."

you looked down at your hands and got up.

you sat on the couch and answered your phone because it was vibrating.

"hello?"

"kara, I'm sorry for ditching you yesterday I got caught up with something."

"it's whatever, are you gonna tell me who the mask man is?"

"yeah, do you know anyone by the name of Atom?"

"y-yeah why?"

"well he's the mask man."

you took a deep shaky breath, your stomach was hurting.

"are you-...are you sure?"

"yep, his fingerprints were found in the glove. I'm surprised Mattia didn't tell you this."

"h-he knew?" you could feel your eyes water, you felt betrayed..why didn't he tell you?

"yeah."