The Traumatized Youth

Tommy was scared. And Sam could tell. By the way he would glance at the weapon in Jack Manifolds hands more than the person itself. The way his eyes scanned his surroundings, looking for an exit point or just a good, clean way to escape. The way he shifted on his feet as Niki talked to him.

Tubbo was scared as well. No one else besides probably Tommy and Ranboo could tell, but he was, and Sam also knew this. His face was blank, not displaying any emotions. His eyes were shining with an uncharacteristic emotion. His hands fiddled in his pockets with something Sam assumed was a potion or some other protection item. And he constantly made sure Tommy, Ranboo, and Sam were there.

And Ranboo, he was definitely scared. His face was drawn tight with fear. Anger, disgust, and hatred shone in his red eye, fear, panic, and terror shining in his green one. He was shaking a bit. Technoblade and Philza were close by, but didn't get close. Ranboo had specifically requested so. They were hurt and didn't understand, but listened. Another sign that Ranboo was afraid was the way his tail swished slowly, and his claws were slowly digging deeper and deeper into his palms.

Sam had no doubt that these children were afraid. And yet, no one else could see it. They were all just angry. Words flew, weapons used for threats, and there was no voice of reason. No one there to stick up for any of them, besides maybe Technoblade and Philza, but only for Ranboo. Their kindness seemed to not extend to the other 2 members of their family, Philza's children he had adopted when they were 6 (or so Sam had heard).

And when Sam saw what was happening, he had had enough . With Captain Puffy, his sister in everything but blood, and Eret, the king of a nation and one of his closest friends (closer than all of those bastards yelling at children), they stepped in. All rulers in their own right.

Captain Puffy, Ruler, no, Queen, of the sea. Someone only those truly insane dared to mess with. Someone who had conquered many different lands, sailed across the sea. A PvP goddess in all but name. And a badass motherfucker who didn't like it when people messed with her ducklings.

Eret, king of the SMP, and also King of the ghasts. Someone only Dream dared to truly mess with. A joker at times, but serious when it mattered. A traitor, but had always ended up doing the right thing in the end. People from far off lands trembled at his name. His friends rarely saw his true king side, especially his ghast king side. But when you did, oh you better start praying it never happens to you.

And Awesamdude, Sam to many others. King of the Creepers, ruler of the mobs, only countered by the Enderdragon herself. Someone who many thought was a calm, mild tempered man. And he was... but he hadn't always been. Before he met the Dream Team, or any of the others. He was one of the most ruthless fighters, compassion saved only for his kingdom. Mess with his subjects, and you were punished as according. Mess with his family though... you were considered dead before he even found you.

And these mortals were daring to mess with their pack.

-

The instant I see the sword in Jack's hands flying towards me, I know I'm as good as dead. I freeze, closing my eyes, and waiting. Waiting for the blow to land, and to sever my last life from my body. But it never happens.

Instead, a loud sound of metal hitting metal rings through the clearing. I hear several gasps, and I snap my eyes open to see...

"Sam?" I whisper, surprised. He stands there, wearing a big heavy cloak over his shoulders hiding his body, sword up and blocking Jack's.

I glance around to see the Captain Puffy standing in front of Tubbo protectively, and Eret standing in front of Ranboo. Both of them hold protective glares, directed at everyone around me. And they wear cloaks identical to Sam's. Strange.