It Was Never Meant to Be

With death did not come wisdom. At least, not for Tommy.

With death came fear. With death came monsters of men and a parody basically of someone who was his worst nightmare and it just made everything worse. He was dead for 2 days, but it was months. And then Dream did it again, and again and again. Over and over and over again.

When he's finally let out, he can never be the same. Not that he ever could, but he doesn't think he can act and put his persona up at all. He's lost and everyone is staring and he doesn't know what to do.

That's when he stumbles into Eret.

She looks stunning, in their famous strawberry dress, along with his bi flag worn as a cape, her famous platform heals, and their sunglasses.

He actually, legitimately, runs into Eret. He crumples, too exhausted to do anything. Eret catches him easily, before sweeping him up bridal style.

"What did they do to you?" He mutters, using one of her hands to sweep his now pale white hair out of his eyes.

"A lot of stuff, really." Tommy replies weakly, not even noticing as Eret starts to walk back to their castle.

"Tommy, I'm sorry. About everything. I've been a shitty brother and a shitty friend."

Tommy shakes his head quickly. "You were right, L'Manburg was never meant to be. Not with Wilbur, who crested it. You, Schlatt and Him have been friends since I was 4, you know he was always insane. And those 2 were always destined to fall out. You were destined for greatness, sis, and these lands needed you." His explanation is quiet, but meaningful, and it's from the hidden side of Tommy, quickly tucked under layer after layer to protect his heart.

The layers didn't help in the end. All that mattered was Tommy got his older sibling back, and Eret got his younger brother back.