And the Universe Said, "I'm Sorry, Little Ones"

It was no secret in the world that soulmates were a thing. There were platonic soulmates, and romantic soulmates. There are people with multiple soulmates, or one. But it was all shown the same way. Your soulmate(s) and you have matching marks on your arms, around your wrist area.

There were sometimes people who overlapped. Like, for example, Wilbur Soot. His platonic soulmates were Philza Minecraft and Technoblade. But he also had a romantic soulmate, Sally.

Tommy, to the Dream SMP, was a mystery. Plenty of people hid their soulmate marks, yes, but not like Tommy. Tommy would rather give up a life than show anyone his soulmate marks. No one knew why, not even his best friend Tubbo.

"C'mon Toms! We got a beach party to start!" L̸̖̤͈͕̼̣̱̓͗̐̆́̚̚̕̚͝͝ȗ̴̼̪̦̤̒̅k̵̹̱͈̬̜̘̖̰̤̯̘͈̰̦̫̈́̐ē̸̲̣̦̺̙͍̉̄ exclaims, dragging the slightly older after him to their beach.

"Yeah! We did it!" D̶̨̩͙̼̝̯̙̦̬̻͇͎̎̿͌̆͘͠è̸̪̙̌̀ǒ̷̢̢͕̱̪̜̝̭̮͇͉͖̹̞̲͂͗̍͗̐͐͂ exclaims right after, holding 2 wet boxes of Capri Suns. W̵̗̞̮̣͍͑̽́͐̃̿̈̂͋́͛͒̚̕͠ỉ̶̗̘̦̙̏̌̄͝s̸̡̤̘̈́̑̈́̈́̎̅̇p̶̘̤̓ stands on his right and B̸̡̢̳̙̺̹̘̾͌͂͒́̊́̀̉̒̀i̶̯̤͖̣̘̎͋̆̋͑͒̂͌̄̒̈̓͝͠ţ̶̤̠̩̥̭̜̽̍̍́͌͋́͘z̶̞̰̾͑̈́̂̅̐͊͌̀̑̅̆̓̐͝ stands on his left. All of them are smiling, happy.

"Yeah, we only have a limited amount of time, I have to go check up on the husbands." W̵̗̞̮̣͍͑̽́͐̃̿̈̂͋́͛͒̚̕͠ỉ̶̗̘̦̙̏̌̄͝s̸̡̤̘̈́̑̈́̈́̎̅̇p̶̘̤̓ adds, and you can see all of their soulmarks, the 4 that represent their platonic soulmates (T̶̛͓͉̥̳̭͑̆͆͊͗̌̊͑̿̉̀̄̚͝h̴͙̙̥͕̘͈̯̬̊̆̍͆̍͌͜ͅĕ̴̦̠̓͋̇͆̎̾́̓̄͂̋̚̕ͅ ̷̢̨̧̨̛̬͖̺̗͖͍̹͈̿̎͒̒̈́͂͌͋̈́͋̑͗̆͝b̷̼̎ą̶̢̡̲̦̳͍̤̙̪̜̹̀̑̈́̈́̃͑̓̄͛͜͝͠͝y̶̨̛̭̮̳̘̬̙̓̋̓͂̿̐͛͌͝), and the 3 that represent their romantic soulmates (their husbands).

"Well, come on then bitch boys! Let's celebrate!" T̶̳͖͓͈͈̬̲̀̌ỏ̶̰̟̩̥̜̓͊̓̈́̇͑̎̕̚m̶͕̙̭̪̲̼̥̥̖͙͕̓́̀̾̿͐̕m̴̢̰͔̯̬̼͎̳̤͓͔̄̑̽͋͛̽̈́̉̚͝͠y̸̧̛̱͙̝͛̔̐̓̒̿͑̽͊̕͜ exclaims.

Cheers and whoops are heard all around, and the party begins.

Tommy wakes in a cold sweet, eyes wide. His breathing speeds up, eyes going wide and unfocused. No, no, no, not today. Today was supposed to be a good day, getting up, going to see Hbomb, being overall happy.

He holds back a sob, it feels like he's choking on his tears.

He stays there for hours, too tired to do anything but cry and silently scream. He wishes he could move, function, but he... he can't. He can't do anything.

When he finally gets motivation to move, it's only because there has been a meeting called in the community house. He gets up, gets dressed, and makes his way there.

When he arrives, he's surprised by the sheer amount of people there. Everyone is there, including...

He walks over to silently stand by Hbomb, waiting to see how this unfolds.

"Dream has an announcement to make." Sam says, dragging a chained Dream to the middle of the throng, shutting everyone up.

Tommy stiffens, eyes going wide. Hbomb notices, and wraps an arm around Tommy's shoulder. They've grown close after everything that happened. After losing so much.

"It has become mandatory in every server that a person's soulmark(s) must be shown to at least 5 others to make sure that there is no criminal(s), and to make sure it's easier for soulmates to find each other. This has been decided by the Noxcrew and the creators themselves." Dream exclaims, voice raspy and cracking in places.

Tommy's breathing stops. No. He can't, he can't, he can't, he can't, he can't-

Every eye bores into him. Everyone else has shown their marks before, besides Hbomb, so they are waiting for the 2 to show them.

"Tommy..." Ranboo speaks up softly, but there's pity in their eyes and Tommy recoils.

"No, no, I am not doing that. You can- You can all fuck the hell off." He says venomously, hand moving to hold tightly onto Hbomb. Hbomb is stiff, trying to keep Tommy calm as everyone looks at him cause, well, the boy had already lost so much.

"Tommy, why is it such a big deal anyways? It's just a soulmark, we all have them." Jack speaks up, tone hard.

"Unless he's soulmates with a criminal." Techno states, his voice blunt, but he's joking (mainly).

"Or, maybe, he's embarrassed cause he's not the wife haver like he claims." Tubbo teases lightheartedly, hand gripping Ranboo's tight. He's trying to be comedic in this time of angst.

Hbomb tenses, arm wrapping tighter around Tommy's shoulder. "What do you wanna hear? That's it's just some big joke and that it's not really important? Or that I don't have soulmates? Or even that I'm just overprotective?" He hisses out, angry. Hbomb is rarely ever angry, but this hits too close to home.

"You both have to show your soulmarks," Dream hisses, "Or else we're all doomed. We'll be terminated, every single one of us."

"H..." Tommy trails off, tears pricking his eyes. "We might have to- to show them." He murmurs, rubbing at his eyes.

"Yes," Wilbur says with a grin, "Show us how weak you are." He smiles maliciously. "Show us how the great Tommyinnit doesn't have any soulmates." Wilbur laughs, smirking.

"I have soulmates dickhead! I have-" He cuts himself off with a sob, realizing what he had said.

He sinks to the ground, Hbomb following as tears prick the pranksters eyes. "We had soulmates." He murmurs softly, rolling up their sleeves to show off the black marks.

The Bay's marks were simple, patches of roses. Originally, each rose was a color to represent a member of the bay. Now they are all black. And Hbomb's soulmarks had been red poppies, which meant remembrance, but now all they were were black roses filled with memories of grief and sadness.

"Mine were platonic, his were romantic," Tommy whispers, tears falling down his face. "Their names were Deo, Luke, Bitx, and Wisp. Wisp was one of my soulmates, but he was also one of H's, along with Scott and Jimmy. The Bay died in an explosion, an accidental permadeath for anyone who died in it. Jimmy and Scott died in a altered Hardcore world by accident." Tommy explains, eyes shut tight as he holds onto the only person he truly has left.

The server stares. Usually, soulmates die from old age. Permadeath isn't normal, it barely ever happens. But to hear it happened to all of these 2's soulmates? It's sad and something they really can't fully understand.

And once again, they are alone together. Their soulmates lost to them, with nothing but each other who can understand. No matter how much their souls long for the love of their soulmates, they will never receive it, because that is the curse these 2 must bear. No matter what they do, no matter who they meet, and who will love them, only the 2 of them can last together.

And the universe said, "I'm sorry, little ones, there is nothing I can do to help. This was always your destiny, I could never change it."