Oikogeneia Aimatos Kai Chrysou

Tommy couldn't remember the last time he could breathe properly. If he thinks back on it, he didn't think he could ever breathe properly when we was with Tubbo. Or his family, Wilbur, and Technoblade, and Philza.

He couldn't breathe properly when he grew up, either being smothered or left behind for good, dancing on egg shells and shards of glass. He couldn't breathe when he was fighting by Wilbur's side, when he died twice, when he gave up his discs. He couldn't breathe when he was in the election, when they were betrayed by Schlatt, when they were in Pogtopia with Technoblade. He couldn't breathe when Techno shot Tubbo with fireworks, when they were planning, when they attacked, when Schlatt died. He couldn't breathe when Wilbur pushed the button, when Phil stabbed Wilbur, when Techno spawned the withers. He couldn't breathe when they were doing all the repairs, when he became vice president, when Ghostbur appeared.

He couldn't breathe when he and Ranboo accidentally lit George's house afire, when Dream threatened L'Manburg even though George wasn't mad or sad (for the man knew how important Tommy was to his younger brother and he knew Tommy was just in pain), when Tubbo gave in and exiled him. He couldn't breathe when Dream led him out of everyone's land, he couldn't breathe when George looked so pissed at Dream, he couldn't breathe when Ghostbur followed. He couldn't breathe when Sam visited offering his house to be his, when they built Tnrent and Logstedshire, when Dream came and demanded his things. He couldn't breathe when he would wake up underwater, when Ghostbur started to stop coming, when he received Your Tubbo , when Ranboo would visit, when Dream blew everything sky high.

He thinks the only time he could ever truly breathe was before he got adopted by Philza, with his drunk and abusive parents, and when he was with Business Bay. Opposing his 'family', and having fun. No reason to mask his words, mask his hurt. No reason to shut up or talk his head off with no inbetween. No expectations of greatness resting on his shoulders. No best friend and family who expected everything from him and never gave anything back.

Just a group of 5 (which became 6 when Boffy finally agreed to join), a piece of land, and a shit ton of pranks. And he could breathe.

But then Wilbur needed him. And he had to go. He was too scared of the consequences if he didn't. And the Bay, his brothers in everything but blood (unless you count the blood spilt for each other on the battlefield), understood. They knew who his family were. And they resented them, hated them (never Tommy though). But, they knew how powerful they were. And they knew that Tommy didn't want to lose any of them.

Tommy was done with not being able to breathe. He was done with carrying anything and everything for people who would never do the same. He was done with giving and giving and giving and never getting anything in return.

So, he ran. He created a tower out of spare materials. Dropped his compass, letting it shatter against the ground more than a thousand blocks below him. He dived into the lake beside the tower, and he ran. He didn't bother looking back, he knew it wouldn't change a thing. He ran, his feet carrying him on autopilot, wounds faintly buzzing but not bothering him (though, it was getting really hard to see). And before he knew it, he was standing outside a cliff, his brain trying to tell him something.

But, what he had failed to note before, was he was bleeding. Really badly, you could say. He was covered in scars, and cuts, and bruises, and gashes. He had been running on pure adrenaline, and it left him all at once. He fell, in front of the door, so close to some semblance of safety and the ability to breathe. Black dots filled his vision, but before he could fully pass out, he heard the familiar sound of redstone contraption, and a gasp, before the world turned black for him.

Luckily, this wasn't the time for this end. There, staring in the doorway of the redstone door, was Karl Jacobs, QuackityHQ, and Sapnap. Sam was Quackity's dad, if you didn't know, and he was also George's. Not birth, of course. Sam was a creeper hybrid, Quackity was a duck hybrid, and George had 2 brothers, Eret and TimeDeo. Sam had adopted both of them when they were 17, and Sam would forever think of them as his children, his pack.