In the Ruins

Purpled honestly had no clue that today was the apparent take back of L'Manburg (now Manburg). He was busy, he had a debt game today in the underground fighting ring, Bedwars. He was only a few matches away from being free. And finally able to submerge himself into the life of his twin, Tommy.

You see, Tommy and Purpled were twins. They were separated when they were 10. They spent 3 year apart, before finding each other on the Dream SMP. It was a miracle. But with the wars they both despised (came along with their heritage) that Tommy getting sucked into, and the debt that Purpled had in Bedwars was getting in the way.

They barely got to spend time together. Especially when Punz was forced to choose Manburg while Tommy was exiled to Pogtopia.

They also have an older sister who they love half to death and who loves them back. Her name was Minx. She is a beautiful person, with strong beliefs and a kindness towards her friends and family that no one else gets to see. She also rages for them quickly, and is strong enough to defeat those like Dream and Techno if she really tries.

Purpled just one his final match for today when he feels it. It feels as if someone is ripping out his heart, and was trying to tear it to pieces. He's only felt this 4 times before, and both of those times...

He's teleporting before he can think. Out of Bedwars and into the hub. He rushes to the Dream SMP private portal, not caring for anything or anyone around him.

He rushes to L'Manburg and only finds ruins. People of all kind, injured or not surround him, friends and people he barely knows. He doesn't care. He jumps using the blocks and patches that are still in contact. Everyone has a solemn look, even Dream, who has taken his mask off.

"What- What happened!?" Purpled's panicked exclamation breaks the silence that had fallen upon everyone.

"Tommy..." Technoblade trails off, wither skull in hand, but it's not being used at all.

"What-" Purpled falters when Dream steps aside.

Tommy lays on the ground, a sword through his chest. His eyes are glassy and unseeing. Blood still slowly flows out of him, and it creates a tinny puddle on one side of him. Wilbur and Phil are the other 2 who are closest, and both of them are crying.

A strangled, unnatural sob, releases itself from Purpled's throat. It surprises everyone there. Purpled isn't one known to express his emotions or cry. He's usually cool, laid back, and kind of a free sport.

He rushes past everyone, pushing aside Dream so he can kneel beside Tommy. He scoops up his younger twin with ease and gentle movements. He cradles the boy close, hiding his face in the unkept mop of hair atop his brother's head. He rocks the 2 back and forth, crying softly into his now dead brother's soft blond curls.

"Purpled-" Dream starts, heavily and genuinely concerned as the rest, but Purpled bares his teeth at them.

"Don't touch me or Tommy!" He hisses, before going back to crying.

Before anyone can say anything, a new presence makes herself known.

She stalks forward, not even minding the surprised look she gains from Niki and Puffy, her girlfriends. She slays Wilbur first, 1, 2, 3 arrows to the body. Next, she shoots one at Philza that's enchanted with harming and laced with poison. Finally, she pulls out her axe, and in one swift movement, beheads Dream.

She scoops up Purpled in her arms, saying her own goodbyes to Tommy, before teleporting off.

No one sees them again, along with Niki and Puffy.