The Art of Acting

I'll fix the font later, maybe

-

Sometimes Tommy forgets he’s an actor. Not in the sense that he’s a method actor and that he gets immersed in his character, becoming Tommyinnit instead of Tommy. No, he’s never liked method acting.
Tommy doesn’t talk often about his trauma. He’s told a total of 3 people; Tubbo, Ranboo, and Purpled. Eryn had already known, he had been there. But no one else really knows. And Tommy kept it that way because he didn’t want to hinder anyone, and especially not their creative flow.
This is his story as he progresses through the story of the Dream SMP. 

It starts with the first war. 
I wanna see white flags! White flags, outside your base, by tomorrow, or you are dead. 
He remembers Dream patting his head, giving him a big smile, mask discarded. Wilbur had hugged him, muttering reassurances once all the filming was done. Tubbo had dragged him off to a flower field, makeup discarded, and they had rolled around in the tulips and daisies. 
For the war they had done continuous filming. If you got hurt they gave you time to do quick makeup and then come back to film. The editors would eventually come and fix everything up, and then bam, the L’Manburg vs Dream SMP war would be streaming for all to see. 
Everyone came off relatively unscathed. They had a scare a few times with a few falls, but other than that, no one was injured. Well, mostly. Tommy had a couple of bruises when the others had hit too hard. He doesn’t say anything though, because he’s 14 and he’s an actor finally and he’s blowing up. 
Tommy knew of the exile before it happened. It’s all part of the script, of course he knows. But the words still ring in his head to this day every time he steps onto the server to film.

Is to revoke the citizenship of Wilbur Soot! And Tommyinnit!
The ravine had been cold. They were going to heat it up for them, but Wilbur said to not cause it was make the acting more real. William Craft was more like a method actor. He always stayed in character, he became the character, everywhere on set, whether filming was over or not. 
When the manipulation of Pogtopia and the abuse, it got worse for Tommy. He saw Wilbur and all he could think of was words slithering in his ears, worming their way into his brian, forcing him to listen and obey and beg oh so much just to simply live. 
He started to avoid Wilbur on set. That’s when he told Tubbo because where the adults let him be (probably understanding that Wil being constantly as Wilbur Soot wasn’t helping Tommy), the goat boy demanded answers. So, he told him.
Tubbo vowed to make sure that Tommy stayed in the present.

I smell burnt toast…
Dying, Tommy learned, could be a big affair or a small one. Schlatt went easily in the story, with a heart attack. He got to say FUCK YOU to the world and die on his own terms. Wilbur got to finish his symphony, blowing up a country that many cared about, repeating the words of a traitor, and having his father stab him in the stomach. 
As Tommy watches both, he just sees 2 people he’ll never see again. 
“No, no, please stay with me!” He can’t see any physical evidence on him, so why the fuck did his heart stop?
All he can hear now is his last words. 
“Tell my mum that she’s a fucking prick, Toms.” 
“Clem!? Clem, please don’t-!” He jumps forward, he has to stop them. 
It’s too late. 
“I love you brother.” 
The TNT goes off. And they are gone, the only thing left being a strip of her red dress. 
“You okay, Tommy?” Wilbur asks as soon as it’s all over, the country gone on set, and the method acting dropped since his character is, well, dead. 
“I’m fine.” He snaps, and walks off, ignoring the tears that fall down his cheeks. 
10 minutes later, Tubbo is at his side, and they fall asleep to each other’s soft breaths.

Here. Have a flower!
It’s an accident. They had accidentally caught Tommy and Ranboo just hanging out to get to know each other on camera. And then they made it part of the lore. 
That led to the house being burnt down, to the court, to Tommy vehemently protecting someone he barely knows, in canon and in the real world, and then… 
Then there was exile. Tommy knows Tubbo was acting, he was acting too. But he can’t help the breakdown that happens once it’s over. There’s nothing like your best friend exiling you from your country (even if it’s just acting) for your mind to start working against you. That’s how Ranboo finds him. 
And he tells them everything. He tells them how broken he really is, how scared he is constantly on set. On how he’s afraid of his own friends because before he was an actor, he was a kid with a fate too big to handle. He tells them just how much they want to stop but can’t. 
Then Ranboo holds him. They hold Tommy, letting him cry into his chest, both of them being mindful of how water burns him.