Moral of the Story

"Tommy!" Dream calls from the living room.

Tommy takes a second to glance at his concealer, before putting it away, and heading out.

"What's up, big man?" He asks as he strolls into the living room, an air of nonchalance following him (even though it's fake).

"We're taking the rest of the minors to the store, want to come?" Sapnap asks, one hand entwined with Karl's, the other with his arm swung around Quackity's shoulders.

Tommy nods, and starts to head outside. He slips on his shoes, and waits with the other minors outside the cars. Sapnap, George, Dream, Quackity, and Karl walk out next.

"Who are we waiting for?" Tommy asks, trying to keep us his facade for as long as possible, while slightly failing.

"Bad, Skeppy, Wil, Phil, and Techno, I believe. Maybe Eret and Niki, if they can convince Fundy." Tubbo replies, leaning against Ranboo, his other hand outreached to hold Tommy's.

Tommy takes his hand right away with a small smile, which Tubbo returns tenfold.

"Tommay!" Drista exclaims, shoving him slightly.

Tommy grins, hand slipping from Tubbo's as he goes to playfully shove her back. She ends up being too close though, because she ends up on her butt.

Internally, Tommy starts to panic. Outside, he's a bit frantic, but not panicking.

"Oh- Sorry Drista!" He exclaims, about to offer a hand, but Dream comes over, so he stops.

He takes a step back, letting Dream help his sister. He's still panicking a bit, but he's feeling more guilt than panic. He didn't mean to shove Drista that hard, so she fell. He was just trying to have a bit of fun.

Dream turns to him, a bit angry, and he stills. Dream takes a deep breath, stepping forward, bringing his hand up. Almost instantly, the scene changes. He's in his living room, not in his friend's front yard. His father stands in front of him, hand up with a blunt object in hand, prone to hit him. His mother stands in the background, just watching.

Fueled by pure panic and instinct, Tommy brings his arms up to cover his face. His head is turned, eyes shut tight, an exclamation of "Please don't hurt me dad!", escaping his lips.

Dream, who had just been about to ruffle his hair and give a light scolding, falters. He takes a step back, eyes wide, along with everyone else. Technoblade, who had just walked out of the house, rushes over as soon as he hears Tommy's exclamation. He can hear Wilbur and Phil, hot on his heels, but he doesn't stop. He has to get to Tommy first.

When he reaches Tommy, he instantly wraps him up in a hug. He puts pressure behind into the hug, but also not too much just in case Tommy wants to break free. Tommy slowly lets his arms drop, hugging Techno back. Wilbur and Phil direct the others away, giving the 2 a moment.

Tommy buries his face into Techno's chest.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push Drista that hard." He mutters, tears slowly tracking down his face, and staining Technoblade's shirt.

"No one blames you, Toms. It was an accident. Dream wasn't going to hit you, he would never hit you. None of us would. Your parents aren't here, and you're never going back."

Tommy nods slowly. They just stand there a bit, before heading inside.

As soon as they enter, Wil and Phil crowd around. Wilbur cradles Tommy's face carefully, setting their foreheads together for a few seconds. Phil wraps him in a side hug, headbutting their heads together softly.

"Thanks guys." He says softly, letting a small smile overtake his face.

"Anytime." Wilbur replies.

"You ready to face them?" Phil asks, head tilted to the side slightly.

Tommy nods. "Better late than never."