Parents Suck

Despite what the lore streams, or just the Dream SMP streams seemed to show, Ranboo, Tubbo, and Tommy were actually really close friends. They had been for years before any of them had started streaming, believe it or not.

Ranboo did not actually grow up in America, believe it or not. He had an American accent, as his parents were American, but he was actually 10 when they moved over to America. Ranboo had grown up in England alongside Tommy and Tubbo. From when the boys were 3 to when they were 10, the 3 of them were neighbours. And they used to be inseparable.

Their parents weren't the best, if they were being honest. None of them fully abused them (maybe a slap or hit here or there), but the trio of parents who didn't even like each other were manipulative, cruel, and terrible. Growing up they had found solace in each other, and had kept in contact years before they started streaming.

Remember when Tommy raided Tubbo? That was intentional. And despite how it seemed like Ranboo got in due to how desperate he was, it also took some help from Tubbo and Tommy to get him into the Dream SMP. And during streams, or, any times they were with their online friends, they had unintentionally made it seem like they had merely known each other for months at most.

They had times where people questioned it, especially when they were live in front of thousands of people and accidentally slipped. But no one asked about it, or their home life, and they were fine.

They were actually planning to get married. Why? To help them escape their parents. Without the marriage, leaving would be harder. But, poly marriages were legal in America, and so were gay marriages. They were best friends, and it was all strictly platonic. Plus, they all had this deep feeling that they could never romantically love someone, and if they did one day, it would never conquer their platonic love for each other.

It was a normal day when everything came crumbling around them.

The 3 of them individually were having bad days due to their parents.

Tommy's were threatening to make him sleep outside again for the weekend because he had been too loud. Tubbo's were fat shaming him, while trying to manipulate him into not eating (as well as hound on his sister, which he stopped right away, and protected her by having her silently be on his bed while he streamed). Ranboo's weren't even home, with the fridge almost empty, and yet were texting him constantly so he would clean the whole house.

All in all, their days weren't going that good. But, they had a good stream day, and they were in their weekly check up vc with the rest of their closer MCYT and AUYT friends(SBI, Dream Team, Dream SMP members, the 4 Amigops and so forth). Silently and through their gc, they were reassuring each other. Being a calming force. Plus, their friends always made them feel better.

Dream was complaining about something or other (his parents being mean or something to him and Drista about a stream or whatnot), and Tommy, being Tommy, had of course, replied.

"Suck it up, bitch boy." He replies, eyes downward as he types out a reply in the Bench Trio gc (as the fandom had dubbed them).

"Oh, shut up Tommy. I bet you haven't had a bad day before, your life is perfect." Wilbur snarked, (maybe, probably, it's up in the air) trying to be lighthearted.

Tommy tensed at the words though. Tubbo and Ranboo looked pissed in their seats as well. Tommy, Tommy wasn't pissed. But he wasn't happy or laughing or joking around either.

"What?" He asked slowly, eyes finally looking back up at the screen which showed tiles upon tiles of people.

"He said your life is perfect, child, and that you haven't had a bad day in your life. He's probably right, you are probably spoiled beyond relief by your parents." Techno replied, still monotone as ever, but slight lightheartedness heard in his voice. A ton of people start laughing, besides Purpled (who they have informed about their lives, and has a similar feeling, but wasn't fully trusted to be in the gc until he could admit what his parents did, it was a tradition after all, Tommy had started it, but none of them were allowed to be invited until they admitted at least one thing their parents had did. Purpled wasn't comfortable enough with them yet to say anything, and they respected that. He still didn't get gc privileges though, those would have to wait), and his fellow minors.