Goodbye

A/N This is short and sad
I feel like absolute shit for many reason, and just wanted to get actual content out.
I promised I would sleep after this, but now I gotta wait for the right song, so yay TwT
Anyways, enjoy the sadness!

Today had been such a good day, so why did it all have to go wrong?

"You should be more careful, Quackity. Wouldn't want to get shot, now would we?"

Quackity's face twists into a snarl. "I wouldn't be in harm of getting shot if you didn't have a gun pointed at me, now would I Emily?"

Todd sneers at him. "You mean a lot to Karl and Sapnap. Which, personally, I don't understand. Such a worthless person like you, getting attention from them. But, then again, they are bad people, so I wouldn't blame them."

"What the hell do you even want, Emily?" Quackity asks, eyes narrowed at the girl.

"Well, you dead, of course!" She replies cheerfully, a smirk growing on her face.

"Why!?" Quackity exclaims, suddenly very alarmed.

Yeah, the gun should've tipped him off. But it didn't process until she said she wanted him dead that he was going to die.

"Well, cause I hate Karl and Sapnap. And you mean so much to them. And I want them to feel pain for what they did to me." She growls.

Quackity scowls. "That was more than a decade ago, Emily! We were high schoolers! Besides, it was an accident! They didn't mean to stand you up! Karl's mom was literally almost killed, and they tried calling you multiple times! I was there for each call! You were the one that never answered!"

"Any last words, Quackity Drops?" She cocks the gun, turning the safety off.

Quackity freezes completely, eyes going between the gun and Emily's face. "Let me call my family. One last time."

Emily scoffs, but nods. Slowly, Quackity pulls out his phone. He clicks on the first contact, which is Sapnap's (Karl forgets his phone, a lot). Sapnap picks up the first ring.

"Hey, what's up baby girl?" Sapnap asks, sounding a bit tired.

"Can you put me on speaker, with Karl, and Toms and the others?" Quackity asks, his hands shaking and tears starting to leak from his eyes.

"Yeah, one sec." Quackity hears a bit of shuffling, before Sapnap affirms he's on speaker.

"Toms, say hi to your mama! He's on the phone." Karl says to their 4 year old.

"Hi mama!" Tommy exclaims, and a small smile finds its way onto Quackity;s face, while Emily's just twists in anger.

On the other side of the line, a cold feeling washes over the group of people. But they ignore it for now, especially because of how happy Tommy looks at merely speaking with his mama over the phone.

"Goodbye, duckling." Quackity says quietly, and the cold feeling comes back tenfold.

"Q?" Sapnap and Karl chorus at the same time.

"Mama?" Tommy repeats, confused when they get no reply.

Sam and Ponk move closer to the phone, as do Eret and George. The family crowds around the area, listening, trying to see if they can hear if something is wrong.

"I-I have to go." He says horsley, and they can hear a tiny sob.

Quackity looks straight at Emily as she shoots him in the head, the gunshot ringing throughout the alley they are in. And through the phone that is still currently on.

On the other end, all of them still, eyes blowing wide, besides Tommy. The phone slips from Sapnap's hand, clattering against the floor, and making Tommy even more confused. The adults in the room start to cry, and the 5 year old panics.

"Papa! What's wrong?" He climbs into Sapnap's lap, giving him a hug.

Sapnap hugs him close, completely wrapping himself around their son. Karl joins the hug as well, and as their family whirs around them, they both wonder one thing;

How do you explain to a 4 year old that their mom is never coming back, ever?