Chapter 51

Ash's POV

We arrived at Hailee's parents house and walked up to the front door.

"They're gonna love you." Hailee said and leaned in and kissed me softly, which calmed my nerves a little. I nodded with a soft smile and laced our fingers together.

Hailee opened the door and we were immediately greeted by Martini, who came running towards us.

"Hi baby, I missed you." Hailee said and picked the dog up and gave her a kiss on the head. She turned towards me with a smile, which I of course returned, before greeting Martini as well.

"Hi there. Oh my goodness, you're so cute.. almost as cute as your mom." I said and smirked at Hailee, who had a huge blush on her face.

"Let's find my parents." she said and took my hand, leading me into the kitchen, where her mom was standing with her back to us. Hailee handed me Martini and I cuddled her into my chest.

"Hi mom." Hailee said, making her mom turn around with a huge smile.

"Hailee!" she shrieked and pulled Hailee into a tight hug. When they pulled apart she looked at me with a soft smile, which I gladly returned.

"Mom, this is Ash." Hailee said with an even bigger smile.

"It's great to finally meet you, I've heard so much about you." she said and hugged me tight.

"Thanks for having me, Mrs Steinfeld." I said, making both of them laugh.

"Sweetie, please call me Cheri." Cheri said with a chuckle.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous." I said and I could feel a blush rising.

"You were right Hailee, she really is cute." Cheri said, making me blush even more.

"The cutest." Hailee said and pecked my cheek.

"Where's dad?" Hailee asked.

"In the living room." Cheri said with a smile.

Hailee took my hand and led me into the living room, where her dad was sitting on the couch, watching tv.

"Hey dad." she said and let go of my hand, just as he stood up and pulled her into a hug.

"Hey sweetie, it's good to see you." he said with a big smile on his face.

"Dad, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Ash." Hailee said and looked at me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr Steinfeld." I said and I could see Hailee shaking her head with a smile.

"Why is she so polite?" he asked and looked at Hailee, who shrugged her shoulders.

"I really don't know." she said with a chuckle.

"Please call me Peter." he said and shook my hand with a smile.

"Is Griffin coming?" Hailee asked and looked at her dad.

"Yeah, he should be here soon. He texted me that he was a little late." Peter said.

"I'll go see if your mother needs any help." he said and went into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for being awkward." I said with an apologetic smile.

"Just relax. As I predicted, they really like you." Hailee said and pulled me into a tight hug. She kissed the top of my head, before pulling apart. Just then the front door opened revealing her brother.

"Griffin!" she said excitedly and ran over to him, hugging him tightly. I just stood there awkwardly, in the living room all alone.

"Haizy." he said with a big smile.