Chapter 80

Hailee's POV
The following week

Tomorrow is Ash and my anniversary, so at the moment we're on our way to the mall, to get all the stuff we need. After parking the car, we walked inside.

"Okay, just text me when you're ready to go." I said and kissed her cheek. We had decided to split up, so we could find each other presents. I walked into the nearest jewelry shop. After looking around the place for a little while, I spotted the perfect ring. For the longest time I had wanted to get her a promise ring, to tell her that I was only hers. The ring was made of silver and had a little blue diamond on it.

"Good afternoon miss, can I help you with anything?" the woman working the store asked with a smile.

"Yes, could I please look at this ring?" I asked and pointed to the ring.

"Of course." she said with a smile, before taking the ring out and handing it to me.

"It's beautiful.. Do you have it in size 8?" I asked and looked up at her.

"Yes we do, let me find it." she said and pulled out a drawer. She picked up the ring in the correct size and handed it to me, in exchange for the other one.

"How long would it take to have it engraved?" I asked and looked back up at her.

"Ten minutes." she said with a smile.

"I'll take it. Could you engrave the words 'I Love You' inside the ring?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course." she said, as I handed her the ring. I sat down on a couch and waited while she engraved the ring. Ten minutes later she came over to me and handed me the ring.

"It's perfect." I said with a huge grin on my face. I handed it back to her and followed her to the cashier. She placed the ring in a small velvet box. After paying for the ring I left to get some snacks for tomorrow. Ash had promised to get the food, so the least I could do would be to get some snacks. I picked out her favorite candy plus some chocolate. As I was paying for the snacks, I felt my phone vibrate.

Ash)
I'm ready to go, I'll meet you at the car <3

(Hailee
I'll be there in 5 <3

I walked out to the car, where Ash stood, leaning against the car with a smile on her face. I unlocked the car and we both climbed inside. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"How'd it go?" I asked and started the drive home.

"Good. How about you? Did you get what you needed?" she asked and took my free hand in hers.

"Indeed I did." I said with a smile.