Chapter 112

Hailee's POV
Time jump - several months

Ash and I have been officially together for a little over two and a half years now, and she makes me happier than I thought humanly possible.

Today is Saturday and we have a date, which Ash has been in charge of planning. Right now we're still in bed, enjoying a lazy morning.

"So, where are we going today?" I asked, curious to know what she had planned.

"You can keep asking that question a billion times, but I'm not going to tell you." Ash chuckled, making me pout playfully.

"Not even a hint?" I asked, hopefully, making her chuckle even more.

"Nope. Be patient, babe." Ash replied and pressed a lovely kiss to my lips.

"I'll try my best." I said with a smile, making her smile as well.

"I love you." she said with a big grin and kissed my lips again.

"I love you more." I said and grabbed her neck, pulling her in for yet another kiss, making us both giggle.

-

Later that day into the afternoon, we started to get ready for the date. Ash was wearing her brand new black skinny jeans with a white button up shirt tucked into them, as well as her new black Vans, and she of course couldn't go anywhere without her leather jacket. I had decided to wear blue skinny jeans with my new white top over it, complete with my classic black doc martens and I wore a leather jacket as well.

"Haiz?" Ash said, making me look over at her with a smile. "Have you noticed how much our outfits match? If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were sisters." she continued with a chuckle, making me laugh as well.

"I like matching with you." I said, honestly, making her smile widely, before coming over to me. I wrapped my arms around her neck, while her arms went around my waist.

"I like matching with you too." Ash chuckled, as I leaned down and pecked her lips. "Anyways, we should get going." she said and grabbed my hand, going downstairs, where she grabbed the car keys, before leading me down to the parking garage.

-

"You ready? This is a pretty long drive." Ash asked as we got in the car.

"Of course, I've been ready all day." I replied, making her smirk. She started the car and I grabbed the aux cable, putting some music on.

We drove for about forty minutes, before Ash drove down a road that led into some kind of forest.
"What is this place?" I asked confused and glanced over at Ash.

"Just wait and see.. We're almost there.." she replied, never taking her eyes off the road as she drove. We drove a little farther, till we came to a clearing by a lake, where the cutest gazebo was set up.

"Again I ask, what is this place?" I asked as we parked the car.

"I arranged it so that we have the place to ourselves. We're having a picnic here." Ash replied with a smile and got out of the car, grabbing the basket from the backseat, before practically skipping over and opening the door for me. I smiled like an idiot as she offered me her hand, and let her lead me over to the gazebo, overlooking the beautiful lake.

"This is so beautiful, Ash. I love it." I grinned and sat by the small table, after she had pulled the chair out for me.

"I'm glad you like it." Ash said and sat down across from me, and started to pull out the food.

-

As we ate, I noticed just how much Ash had done in preparation for this date. She had rented this entire space, as well as hung up fairy lights around the gazebo, which beautifully lit up the scene as the sun was setting. She had also prepared food and drinks, and she had done it all just for me. I could feel a smile creep onto my face, as I studied her side profile, while she looked out onto the lake. Before I knew it, she turned her head and locked eyes with me.

"What are you smiling about?" she asked, a cute blush spreading across her face.

"I love you." I simply said, making her smile.

"I love you too.. which is actually the reason that I brought you here.." Ash said, shyly.

"You brought me here, because you love me?" I asked, confused.

"Well yes.. I uhh.. Damn.. I had a whole speech planned.. but right now I have no idea what half of it was.." Ash rambled on, but stopped when I grabbed her hand in mine, giving it a soft squeeze.

"Just take your time." I said with a soft smile, making her calm down a little. She took a deep breath, before continuing.

"Okay.. Hailee, you are the love of my life. I've loved you since day one and I don't think I could ever stop loving you even if I tried." she started and got on her feet, she came over to me and took both of my hands in hers, with a smile on her face.

"You make me happier than any person has ever managed to before.. and if you let me, I'll spend every day of my life trying to make you just as happy." she continued and got down on one knee in front of me, making me literally drop my jaw.

"Hailee Steinfeld, will you marry me?" Ash asked and pulled a small velvet box out, with a beautiful silver ring in it.

"Yes, absolutely." I shrieked, taking her a bit by surprise. I took the ring and slid it onto my finger, before grabbing Ash's face with both of my hands and pulling her into a long and passionate kiss. Our lips moved slowly in perfect sync, and I could feel a tear run down my cheek, but it wasn't mine, so I quickly pulled back to look at her.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked, concerned.

"Nothing.. I just never dared hope you would say yes.. I'm so happy." Ash choked out, in between sobs, before burying her face in my neck, hugging me tightly.

"Of course I would say yes. I love you, babygirl, now and forever." I said and pulled back enough to connect our lips in a soft kiss.

"I love you too." she replied with a bright smile.

"Baby?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah?" she said and smirked back.

"Let's go home.. we have something we need to talk about in the bedroom." I said, my smirk even bigger now.

"Why don't we just discuss it in the car? The backseat is pretty spacious." Ash suggested and nodded her head towards the car, with a smirk. I nodded and grabbed the collar of her shirt, pulling her with me over to the car. I opened the door to the backseat and pushed her in, before crawling in on top of her...