Chapter 97

Ash's POV
Saturday Morning

I was woken up by someone playing with my hair. I slowly opened my eyes, instantly making eye contact with Hailee, who was looking at me with a soft smile.

"That's not creepy." I mumbled, closing my eyes, causing her to let out a giggle.

"Good morning to you too." she chuckled, massaging my scalp in the best way possible. I opened my eyes again and saw her still smiling at me. Shuffling closer to her, I wrapped my arm around her waist and put my head on her shoulder.

"I love you, baby." I said, placing a light kiss on her collarbone.

"I love you too, babe." she said, making me blush at the nickname.

"I love that nickname." I said, my voice full of joy.

"I know." she said with a smirk and kissed my forehead.

-

We cuddled for a couple of hours, before deciding to get dressed and eat breakfast.
"This is delicious, babe." Haiz said and stuffed another piece of pancake in her mouth.

"Glad you like it." I said with a grateful smile.

"When have I ever not liked your food?" she asked with a smirk.

"You just love anything coming from me.." I said, smirking as well.

"Oh yes I do." she said and I suddenly felt her foot in between my legs, under the table. I raised an eyebrow and my mouth fell slightly open.

"Haiz.. Let me eat please." I said, my breathing quickening.

"What do you mean?" She played clueless. I grabbed her foot, under the table, yanking it away, making her pout.

"Meanie." she mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Drama queen." I said, causing her to glare at me. She swallowed the last piece of her pancake before standing up, placing her dishes in the sink and stomping off dramatically. She went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. 'Wow' I thought to myself, as I finished my breakfast. I went into the kitchen, cleaning the dishes, before going into the living room and flopping on the couch.

-

Half an hour went by, without me hearing from Hailee. She just stayed in the bathroom, without making another sound. I started to get a little worried, so I got off the couch and walked over to the closed bathroom door. I still couldn't hear her, so I raised my hand and knocked softly. She didn't answer, making me extremely worried. I opened the door and spotted her, sitting in the shower, on the floor with her back against the wall, her face buried in her knees.

"Hailee?" I said, softly and crouched down beside her. I could hear small sniffles coming from her, so I quickly sat beside her and pulled her into my lap.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here." I tried my best to sound comforting. Not knowing what else to do, I started rocking us softly back and forth, while stroking her back.

"I'm really sorry, if what I said made you upset." I whispered and I could feel her hands clutching at my hoodie. She pulled back enough to be able to look me in the eyes, and I could see how red and puffy her eyes were, which broke my heart. I reached up and wiped her tears away with my thumb, before placing a soft kiss on her cheek. She slowly got on her feet and walked over to the sink, splashing some water in her face, before turning to me. I got on my feet and walked over to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, Ash." she said and pulled back, looking me in the eyes again.

"What do you mean? You have nothing to be sorry about." I said, but I could see the guilt in her eyes, confusing me.

"I have something I need to tell you.." she said, another tear rolling down her cheek.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried.

"Please don't hate me.." she started to say.

"I could never hate you, you know that." I said.

"I'm.. I'm pregnant.." as soon as I heard the words that left her mouth, I could feel my heart shatter into a billion pieces and my whole world fall apart. I looked at her in disbelief and my eyes started to water, as she handed me the positive pregnancy test. I couldn't form any words and I felt my lip quivering and my chest tighten. I dropped the test and ran out of the bathroom, up into the bedroom, with tears streaming down my face.

I paced around the room in a panic, trying to control my breathing. Feeling like the walls were closing in on me, I slid down along the back wall. I held my knees close against my chest and buried my face in them, while letting the tears fall freely. "I can't believe she did this.. I thought we were gonna make it work.. I guess not.. I'm not good enough.. I never was.. This is all my fault.." the voices in my head went wild and I blamed myself for all of it. "If only I had been a better girlfriend, she wouldn't have done this." I thought and I felt myself start to lose it. Just as that thought went through my mind, I felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around my body. I tried to fight it, but I eventually caved and leaned into her embrace.

"Babe, please breathe. Come on, breathe with me.. Inhale.. Exhale.." Haiz helped me steady my breathing, before wiping my tears away. "Have you seen what day it is today?" she asked, making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"Saturday.. Why? What does that have to do with anything?" I asked, sniffing.

"Yeah, but have you seen the date?" she asked, showing me her phone. Oh.. My.. Goodness.. I looked back up at her with a pissed off expression, while she had the biggest smirk on her face.

"Happy April fools, babe." she said with that stupid smirk all over her face.

"That was so evil!" I huffed, getting out of her grip, before storming into the bathroom. Just before I could slam the door, she pushed through it and pulled me into a tight hug. She held me tightly, until I relaxed into her.

"I can't believe that you actually fell for it." she giggled and started to pepper kisses all over my face.

"Well, you are the best damn actress out there." I said, making her smirk.

"I'm sorry, babygirl. It was just the perfect opportunity. For the record, I could never do that to you. I would never ever cheat on you. I've had it done to me, and it's not a good feeling." she said and pressed her lips against mine, I slowly kissed her back, making her smile into the kiss.

"It's okay, just don't do that again.. Ever!" I said, sternly and leaned my head against her chest.

"I won't! I will never scare you like that again.. I'm not gonna lie, I thought you would hate me. I thought I had taken it too far." she said, squeezing me tightly.

"As I said before, I could never hate you. I actually blamed myself.." I mumbled into her shirt.

"Why would you blame yourself?" Hailee asked, pulling back, to look me in the eyes.

"Because I don't feel like I'm good enough for you." I said, looking away.

"Ash, look at me." she said and pulled at my chin, forcing me to meet her eyes. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. So please don't ever think that you aren't good enough, because you are. You are more than good enough. You are perfect. You are the love of my life. Don't let anyone, especially yourself, tell you otherwise." she said and pressed a soft kiss against my lips.

"I love you so much." I mumbled against her lips, hugging her tightly.

"I love you more." she mumbled back, making me giggle.