Chapter 63

Ash's POV

I turned to look at Hailee and immediately wrapped my arms around her neck. She pulled me closer by my waist and kissed the top of my head.

"I hate this." I said and felt a tear escape my eye.

"I know, me too." she said and tightened her grip on me.

"I love you so much." I said, my voice cracking at the end.

"I love you too, baby." she said and I heard her voice crack slightly as well. I pulled back a little and looked her in the eyes, before wiping her tears away. She returned the act, before pulling me into a tender kiss. Our lips moved slowly against each other. It was so full of emotion and I never wanted it to end. We pulled apart and leanded our foreheads against each other.

"I'm so glad that we met and became what we are now." I said and caressed her cheek softly, making her smile.

"Me too." she said and leaned down and kissed me again. I looked up at the clock on the wall and saw that it was almost time to go.

"I need to go." I said, sadly.

"I know, but hey I'm coming in two months." she said with a soft smile. She grabbed my hand and walked me to the plane's staircase, before turning to me.

"I love you, babe. Call me when you get home." she said and grabbed my face and pulled me into another kiss.

"I love you too, princess. I'll call you as soon as I can. Drive safely." I said and pulled her into one last kiss. It felt like time stopped for a moment. Our lips moved perfectly in sync, just like the very first time. After pulling apart we stared into each other's eyes, before hugging each other tightly.

"Bye, baby." she said and squeezed me tightly.

"Bye, love." I said and squeezed her back just as tight. We pulled apart and I walked up the staircase. I turned around at the top and waved at her. She waved back and blew me a kiss, which I grabbed in the air and placed on my chest, before blowing a kiss back and she of course mirrored the action.

I walked in and sat in my seat, looking out the window. I watched her walk back inside and look at the plane. She stood there watching until the plane started moving. She probably stayed until the plane was out of sight.

I didn't feel like talking to anyone, so I put my headphones on and listened to music.

I grabbed my backpack and pulled out the hoodie that Hailee had given me the night before, I held it close to my chest and inhaled the sweet scent. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

I woke up and looked around confused, then realized where I was. I looked over at the girls, who were wrapped up in some conversation. I took the headphones off and sat up in my seat. Perrie spotted me and sent me a soft smile, before walking over and sitting next to me.

"Hey sweetie. Did you sleep alright?" Pez asked and moved a strand of hair out of my face. I nodded sadly and felt a tear escape my eye.

"I know, bubba." Pez said and pulled me into her embrace. The tears were streaming down my face, while Perrie was rubbing my back softly. I pulled back and she wiped my tears away.

"Are you hungry?" she asked and stroked my cheek softly. I just nodded my head, since I didn't feel like talking.

"Sandwich?" she asked with a smile, I nodded with a tiny smile. She went and got me the food and returned quickly.

"Thanks." I mumbled and started eating.

"Anytime sweetie." she said and rubbed my knee, before walking back to the girls.

When I had finished eating, I got up to go to the bathroom. As I was about to go in there, I remembered the moment when Hailee tickled me to the ground in this very spot. It made me smile. I missed her, but I knew we were gonna make it work.

When I came back from the bathroom, the girls were talking and laughing about who knows what.

"Hey guys, mind if I join?" I asked and sat next to Jade, who wrapped an arm around me.

"Of course not. We were just talking about how Lee rolled off the bed last night." Jade said, making me chuckle.

"I know that feeling." I said, making the girls laugh as well.

"How are you feeling?" Jade asked and looked at me.

"I'm okay.. I miss her, but I know it's gonna work." I said with a genuine smile.

"We're here if you need anything." Pez said and smiled at me.

"Thanks, I don't know what I would do without you guys." I said with a smile.