Chapter 1

I dropped my head onto my arms and tuned out the teachers voice amongst the classroom.

I cursed, hating the fact that I had to endure an hour of math for my first period. My first class begun at eight in the morning. My brain couldn't function that early.

Sighing, I turned my gaze out the window to notice it was drizzling.

A smile coated my face. The rain was always my favorite. When people were too broken or numb to cry, the sky did it for us.

Living in the United States, it always rained in the winter, leaving the summer to be scorching.

I didn't complain though, I loved the balance the weather had. Where as the winter would be piercing cold, the summer would remain scalding. Both has it's downside but when it's in the middle, the weather is perfect. Spring, for example.

Not realizing my lost in thought, my eyes started to flutter close.

I didn't fight the sleep knowing it would pass up the remainder of time in my horrid class.

My eyes came to an abrupt closing. I saw a sudden flash of a faint candle like light playing against my eyelids.

My eyes snapped back open and I jerked back up into my seat. My breaths came out short and quick as I scanned the classroom quickly to see if anyone noticed my sudden episode.

Sadly, luck wasn't on my side. I glanced behind my shoulder to see Landon, my classmate staring at me with widened eyes.

I cocked my head to the side in question and start to turn around in my seat, only to see everyone in the classroom, staring at me, wide eyed.

To say I was confused would be an understatement. None of them even blinked, not a wink.

I slowly turned my body so I faced the girl to my right.
I waved my hand in front of the girls face expecting some sort of reaction, but she did nothing.

It hardly looked like they were even breathing.

The only sound amongst the silent classroom was my heavy breathing and the drizzle on the glass windows, that now turned into heavy rainfall.

I turned to the window to see that it was pouring with rain.

Wasn't it just sprinkling?

My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I turn back towards the classroom only to see everyone staring outside, past the rain towards the dark trees.

As if they could see what lay within.
"What the hell-"

My words were cut short as I felt a hand clamp on my shoulder.

I jerked backwards and noticed Landon had his hand on my shoulder.

"Allarua, are you okay?"

His eyebrows were furrowed together, and there was concern lacing his pupils

I reluctantly nodded and looked at my hand that was now resting against the chair.

My fingers were wrapped tightly around a black pen, while my hand was slightly trembling.

I turned and looked back to my own desk to find a piece of paper now laying atop of it.

My eyes widened as I saw a large drawing of what looked like an abandoned house.

The scribbles on the paper told me that much.

I had no memory of drawing this, it brought myself to feeling nauseous.