Chapter 53

Allaura Aislinn

"Again!" I strike the dummy once more.

"Again! Harder!" I clench my teeth and strike the dummy, making wood splinter around my blade.

It's the second day of training. We've rotated roles. Niko now teaches us, and instead of Caspian training with me, it's Aeryn.

"In the center. The both of you." Niko says.

It's weird seeing him ordering us around. He was so carefree and lively when I last talked with him. He still looks the part, he just seems colder now. More serious.

Aeryn and I face each other, readying ourselves. I've fought with her once so it'll be harder considering I don't know her fighting style. Nu then again, I won't know Diona's fighting style or her men's.

I strike for Aeryn's neck but she blocks my attack with her curved blade. Both of our blades clash together and I press down harder, putting pressure so she has nothing else to do but kneel down. Once her knee hits the ground, I bring my knee up and slam it against her chest.

Aeryn wheezes and I take this chance to grab her hair, yanking her head back and place my dagger on her neck.

She hisses and taps my arm.

"That was good, quick." Niko says when I step back and help Aeryn up. "You won't know your enemies combat skill. You won't know their moves, how hard or fast they strike, so you have to give it your best and don't ever underestimate them."

"Got it." Aeryn says and then turns to me. "Wanna practice your, you know." She motions to my back with her hands.

"Oh yeah. Let's do it."

"What are you doing?" Niko asks confused.

"You haven't seen?" Aeryn's asks and he shakes his head no. "Oh, just watch." She says excitedly.

I snort and feel the rush of cold fire make it's way into my back. The wings shoot out and I shake them off, getting back the feeling.

"What." Niko says dumbfounded and Aeryn squeals.

I shoot a wink at Niko and then push off my feet at the same time I flap my wings, making my body shoot off the ground. I put my arms out, stabilising myself and then spin around, looking around the whole area.

"How's the weather up there!" I hear Aeryn yell.

"Cold!" I cup my hands around my mouth so she'll be able to hear me better.

I laugh and spin around in the air feeling the cold air kiss my damp skin.

I put my hand out in front of me and a small black flame coats my palm.

The shadows and dark embers twirl around my fingers. Swirling in between each of them before slithering back to the center of my palm.

I ball my hand into a fist and then open it back up aggressively, making a large black flame appear before me.

The sight is almost overwhelming. The fact that i'm flying in the air with a dark power protruding from my hand. It's surreal.