chapter 5

"I'm so excited!" Dominic squeals as he jumps up and down.
The weekend flew by and i'm now waiting in the cold, pulling my sweater closer to my body as I wait for the bus to arrive.

"Dominic, how are you not tired or cold?" Katelynne asks.
"Oh, I'm freezing my ass off but I'm trying to stay warm while moving around. Hey! You guys gotta try it, I'm actually a lot warmer now."
Me and katlynne glance at each other, then back at Dominic and towards each other again only for us to shrug and do what he says.
As we're circling each other, we hear the sound of multiple busses. I stop my movements and look to see three big busses pull into the parking lot.
"Okay everyone listen up!" A teacher yells over the chatter of students. "We are going to tape a list of names on each bus, look for your name. Your seating arrangement is separated by last names."
"Oh, you have got to be kidding me! I won't be able to sit next to Lulu." Dominic pouts as he throws an arm around my neck and ruffles my hair. I shoo his hand away from my hair and laugh at his dramatics.
"It's okay, dom. Just text me where to meet up when we stop okay?"
Dominic whines at my words but makes his way to the list of names.
"Hey, kate ill see you later yeah?" I say as I finally look at her only to see her slightly glaring in my direction but soon plasters a fake grin and says,
"Of course babe, I'll see you in a few hours. Oh and we're sharing a room!" She yells as she walks towards the second bus.

I grab my duffel back off the floor and walk towards the first bus. I scan the list of names and find my name written with a seat number assigned to it. I take note of it and repeat it in my head making sure I won't forget.
I walk up the steep steps of the bus and greet the driver as I search for my seat. A bunch of students are already in their seats and conversing amongst each other. I mumble my seat number aloud while scanning the seats and finally find seat. 24 B.
I drop my duffel bag down and kick it under my seat as I drop into my seat. I was hoping I would be able to get the window seat because I love looking at the places we drive by, especially out in the wilderness. I've always thought nature was beautiful on its own, and I often wonder how different the world would be if we humans never came to ruin it.
My thoughts are cut short as I hear a loud thud of a bag being dropped near the window seat. I look up to see Landon looking at me with a grin.
I quickly avert my gaze from him. He makes me feel uncomfortable.

He says nothing to me as he squeezes by and flops down into his seat, lazily spreading his legs to get more comfortable.
As I take out my earbuds from my jacket pocket, I hear him let out a sigh through his nose. I look up to his face and see that his eyes are closed.

Landon has beautiful black hair. It's floppy and lazily rests against his forehead. his nose looks perfectly sculpted, never once has he broken it. his sharp jaw is clean of any hair. Landon was overall and attractive guy, he just had this weird, suspicious vibe to him that sat uncomfortable with me.
I hear him let out a frustrated sigh so I quickly avert my eyes to my phone and play with the wires of my earbuds. From the corner of my eye I see him shift to get more comfortable.

He finally stops squirming and rests his arm against the window with his chin against his fist, eyes closed.
I feel a sudden rush of cold wind, I pull my legs up to my chest and hug them hoping it'll bring me more warmth.
I feel my eyes closing as I listen along to my faint music. I rest my head on my knees while I keep my arms hugging myself. I quickly feel myself fall more tired as I hear the engine of the bus startup. I don't fight the sleep that I feel myself approaching, I welcome it.

-

I feel a great amount of heat on the right side of my body. I press myself up against the heat and hear a sudden grunt. My eyes snap open and I look at what I pressed myself up against. My whole right side is pressed up against Landon as my head lies against his shoulder. I shoot up in my seat and look around the bus to see almost every other student sleeping, there are only a few sitting up and talking quietly.
I rub my eyes with my palms and run my fingers against a few knots in my hair.
I hear a heavy sigh to my right and notice that Landon is waking up as-well. He squints his eyes outside the window but then snaps his head towards me,
"How long did I sleep for?" He asks in a husky tone.