Chapter 37

Allaura Aislinn

I was dragged and forced to walk behind the horse.

I didn't fight—couldn't fight. I was weak and I was hurt. Mentally and physically.

Caspian betrayed me. And I—I had love for him.

She is right, i'll die thinking that he loved me too, but he didn't. It was all a lie. Every single damn thing, it was all a lie.

"We stop here." Diona says and dismounts her white horse before striding over to me.

"How pathetic." She spits. "Untie her and bring her with me."

The man jumps off the horse and roughly unties me before shoving me into the direction the queen walked.

And I don't fight it.

She strides in front of my dragging figure and stops near a steep cliff.

"Isn't it beautiful here?" She asks sweetly but I don't answer.

She sighs. "Drop her to her knees."

The men kick my knees and I cry out when they connect with the floor.

"Face her to me."

The men turn my body so my back is facing away from the cliff and towards every man on their horse and Lady Diona herself.

And Caspian.

She walks over to me and slaps me across the face. "I hate loose ends, and you just so happened to become one."

But I don't even know what I did. I did what she asked of me. I trained, I fought, I became stronger.

My head snaps to the side when another slap echos through the forest.

Medicine medicine medicine.

The words chant in my head. Caspian was supposed to be my medicine. He was supposed to keep me safe and protected. But—but he's the one causing the pain.

"You're gonna cry again?" Diona purrs. "Cry. Sob all you want sweetheart. That won't change the fact that you are dying today."

She nods her head over to the two men beside me and I watch as Caspian goes tense and steps forward one single step.

"Don't you dare." Diona snaps in his direction and he stands still as a statue beside her.

My lip trembles when I don't see him fight for me.

Fight for me. Please.

My mouth opens on its own. "You promised." I whisper in his direction and he goes pale.

A gasped sound makes its way out of my throat. "You—you promised." I choke out and see his knuckles go white and his eyes look wild.

Lady Diona smiles evilly before turning to Caspian. "Do you love Allaura?" She asks.

His face turns hard. "No." And it's his own strong words that break my heart further.