Chapter 2

"Mrs. Aislinn, may I ask why you were late?" Mr. Maverick asked.

"Sorry, I was using the restroom and completely lost track of time. It won't happen again."

     Mr. Maverick nodded his head while telling 'e to go take a seat.

I quickly look around the room and spot my close friend, Dominic, saving a seat for me beside him.

He grins at me and I return the smile while walking up to the available seat.

"So, what'd you do in the bathroom, hm? Did you have a quickie?"

My eyes widen at his words,

"You're disgusting Dom. No I didn't have a quickie."

"Yet." Dominic finishes.

I roll my eyes at his words. He was always so childish, but in the best ways.

"You're intolerable." I say with a chuckle

"Did you hear about the field trip that's coming up?" Dominic suddenly asks.

"No? Where are we going?"

"It's at a museum. We're staying one night there. The boys and girls have separate cabins but I heard it was slightly close to the woods." He carefully says with a wince.

"The woods? Damn these teachers really want us dead now don't they." I say with an awkward laugh.

"Who cares about that. I'm going, are you?"

"Yeah, why not."

I don't think much can go wrong if they were close to the woods. Considering the teachers would be there to watch them.

I was also curious to how close to woods really were to the museum.

                                          -

Thirty minutes have gone by and I am on the verge of passing out, due to boredom.

I'm bored out of my mind. Mr. Maverick put in a movie called "Come and See". It was gruesome. Very gruesome. Some girls had to leave the classroom due to them gagging.

I turn to look at the clock to see that we have only ten minutes left of class. Mr. Maverick gets up from his desk and shuts off the TV.

"As you guys have probably heard, we have a field trip coming up next week. I know it's short notice, but the positions are first come, first serve. So if you want in on this trip, it's best if you bring in the paper tomorrow. You kids don't have to worry about any costs, the school is paying for everything." He says while he's handing out the flyers to each student.

The flyer makes it's way to me. I pick it up to see it say, "a trip to 'the findings of Boethia'."

As I scans the paper I feels a pair of eyes on me.

Turning my head I see Dominic looking towards me with furrowed brows.

"What the hell are you looking at." I ask rather defensively at his intense stare.

He snaps his eyes towards me and says, "Sorry it's just you have a weird black mark, near the back of your ear."

Confused, I grab my phone and tell Dominic to take a picture of my neck. He quickly snaps a picture and nods in approval as he hands back my phone.