Chapter 24

Allaura Aislinn

I wake up to Caspian still holding my hand.

He never let go.

I turn my body around so i'm facing him and admire him.
He really is handsome. His tanned skin, beautiful face sculpture, his hair and eyes.
Can't forget his body too.

I look closer and notice he has a small birth mark above his eyebrow and a scar running down his lips. He has many tiny, very tiny scars glittering his face, which only makes him more attractive.

He stirs in his sleep and throws his arm over his eyes. "Stop staring at me."

His voice almost sounds strained because of how deep it's gotten.

"Are you done staring?" He asks, still not looking at me. "No, I'll need a couple more minutes, thank you."

He snorts and looks down at our hands, then finally back up to me. "Are you okay?"

I look down and focus on our intertwined hands while I fumble with a response.

"I don't know." Is what I decide to respond with.
Because it's the truth. So much has happened, that I don't know what to do, what to feel, or how to act. It's just too much.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm sorry I asked." Caspian says when he sees my eyes glisten over.

I blink away the tears and smile softly at him. "Thank you Cas. Last night was. . . I'm not sure but I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come."

He smiles back at me and looks over the blanket covering my body.

The towel fell.

Thank god the blanket is covering me.

Caspian gets up from bed and clears his throat, obviously uncomfortable. "I'll go into the bathroom while you change out here." He stands up and adjusts the front of his pants before sliding open the bathroom door and closing it behind him.

I slap my cheeks and feel how hot they are.

That's so embarrassing.

Looking at the bathroom door once again, I get up and quickly put on my clothes. I'm not sure if he's waiting for me to call out for when i'm done, so I put on my boots and say. "You can come out now."

Not another moment passes before the bathroom door slides open.
He looks me up and down and almost sighs in relief at the sight of me clothed.
My cheeks turn bright pink and I duck my head down.

idiot idiot idiot.

He casually takes off his sleeping shirt and puts on a thicker one for training.

I wish I could change that easily.

His hand stops at the waistband of his pants. "Are you gonna continue watching me undress?"

My eyes widen in surprise.
I barely even noticed I stared.

I finish tying up my last boot and stumble out of the room, mumbling a small 'sorry' while his deep chuckle follows me out the hall.