Chapter 55

Allaura Aislinn

We're all getting ready to travel to Sitium river. I have already gotten dressed in my armour. It's much heavier than what I have worn, but it'll protect me, and that's what matters. Caspian and I ready our horses, we put extra weapons, blankets, food, water, anything we could need when we travel.

"You ready?" Gabriel appears at the entrance of the stable.

"Yeah." I mutter and tighten a strap on my horse.

I'm not.

"I love you sweetheart." My father says and pulls me into a tight hug.

No more tears.

I shut my eyes tightly and wrap my arms around him, embracing him.

"We're going to be okay. You're going to be okay." He kisses the top of my head.

"I love you so much." I finally say and he smiles softly.

"I know baby. Elowen would be so proud."

I smile at his words.

My ma is proud.

"Alright, I gotta go and direct the rest of our army." He squeezes my arms and leaves the stable.

I blow air into my cheeks and turn to Caspian.

"Ready?" He asks and locks his hands around my waist.

"I don't have any choice but to be ready." I tell him.

"Trust your fathers words, we'll be alright. We all will." He brings me into his chest and holds me tightly. "I love you, Aura love."

"I love you too." I whisper and kiss his chest, right above his heart. "Promise me you'll come back home to me." I place my forehead on his heart.

"I'll always come home to you."

I horn sounds and echos throughout the whole kingdom.

"War has come to our nation." I hear my fathers voice. "Lady Diona has threatened our nation! Are we going to let her win this war?" He yells and I hear a series of cheers. "What was that? I didn't hear you!" The cheers grow louder and I hear staffs being hit on the ground, making it shake under our feet. "Then let's win this war!" Gabriel bellows.

I loosen a shaky breath and look at Caspian. "You and me." I say.

"You and me." He crashes our lips together.

I wish the moment could last forever. But he pulls away too soon.

Why does this feel like goodbye?

I smile at him and turn to my horse.

We'll be okay.

I mount my horse and snap the reigns.

We will all be okay.

I close my eyes and push away my feeling. There is no time to be weak here. I can be weak and cry after the battle. I can't be scared, there is no time to be scared. So I push the feelings aside and put on a hard face.