Chapter 26

Allaura Aislinn

Aeryn decided it was time to go back to our rooms. She was right, it got really late while we watched the stars. We stared at the sky and watch them twinkle under our gaze for hours. But we never realized how late we stayed out until the lights from our rooms turned off.
Now i'm walking upstairs and back to my room.

I told Caspian I would train. . . But I got so caught up with Aeryn that I completely forgot.

I hear the shower running once I open the door and I breath out a sigh of relief.
But to my luck, the shower stops right when I sit on the bed.

I take off my boots and jacket, which leaves me in my white tunic and brown pants.

The bathroom door slides open but I don't turn around to see him.

"Where were you." He states calmly but I hear the demand in his voice.

"With Aeryn. I know I told you i'll train later, but we got caught up-"

"I don't care, Allaura. You stated that you wanted to get better, train better and be better. There is no time to waste."

I finally turn around and see that he's in a pair of black pants with no shirt.

"I know. And i'm sorry. But my friend needed me today and I was there for her. We can train tomorrow with no distractions."

Caspian shakes his head in disappointment before sighing and running his hand through his wet hair.

"Is she okay." He finally asks.

"Yeah. Her brother was in the village and shes gonna wait a few days in hope that he'll show up here."

I'll pray and pray to any god that he'll end up here. Aeryn doesn't deserve the death of her brother. Nobody deserves it.

Caspian nods his head up and down before sitting on the bed across from me.

I soon realize I smell like shit. "I'm gonna go take a wash."

He doesn't say anything but watches me as I disappear into the bathroom.

Turning on the water, I step out of my dirty clothes and step into the hot water.
The water releases my muscles and I can't help but sigh in relief at the feeling. My back is more sore today because Caspian made me land on it. But it's part of the training.

I mean, yes the wings are cool and useful but, the pain in my back can slow me down, and I have no clue how to really use the wings.

Wings.

So damn weird to say. Never in my life would I have thought I would be saying, 'it's hard to use these wings'.

After I wash my body, I turn off the water and my wet skin is met with the cold air. I shudder at the pain the cold brings at my back.

"Shit." I whisper and support myself with the sink.

Damn, he hit me hard.

I groan as I put on the warm clean clothes over my aching body and finally step out of the bathroom.

Caspian is already under the cover and asleep I assume from his steady breathing.