Chapter 57

Allaura Aislinn

A soldier swings his sword, coming to cut my leg but I flap my wings and shoot into the sky. From up here, I can see everything. The way the ice nation has mixed together with Diona's men, i'm surprised we haven't tried to kill each other with the amount of people.

And arrow swishes past me and I swerve out of the way.

"AERYN!" I hear a familiar name bellow.

My eyes shoot to my right and I see two small figures running.

I already know who they are so I shoot down but an arrow strikes my wings before i'm able to get down to them.

My eyes widen when I feel the shrieking pain of the arrow in my wing. And then I fall.

I twirl down and land on a blood cold body. I let out a cry when I see the arrow protruding through my wing. I reach over and yank it out, screaming when blood gushes out and coats the black feathers.

Everyone around me fights. They don't even look at me, they're to focused of their own battles, on saving their own life.

I grunt and look over my shoulder seeing an ocean of battle.

How far were they?

I didn't see Aeryn but I heard Dominic yell her name and then see him running with Landon.

I need to get to them.

I clench my teeth and groan when I stand. My wing drags behind me , laying limp and the feathers catch onto the bloody ground.

I start to jog before breaking onto a full sprint.

Something isn't right. I can feel it. It's not right.

I push myself faster and force my wings to be tucked tightly into my back.

Something isn't right.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I hear Landon scream.

I run passed a few guards and finally see them.

No.

I stumble a few steps forward when I see the state Aeryn is in.

She lays limply is Dominics arms, looking too damn pale.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" Landon screams to a soldier in a cloak.

He shakes them and then pushing them onto the ground harshly. The soldier comes up with a knife, ready to attack Landon but Jo slams her boot on their chest.

"If you lay a single finger on him, you'll lose that fucking hand." She snarls and keeps her boot pressed firmly on their chest.

I rush to Aeryn's side. "What happened?" My eyes scan her cold and pale body frantically and I finally see the stab wound.

No more blood is pumping out of it.

"Sh-she's gone." Dominic stutters and let's put a sob.

"N-no. She can't be." I mutter and place my hand on her abdomen. "Hey Aeryn. Come on and wake up now." I shake her face but her mouth only parts and no air comes from it. "Oh god." My throat tightens at the sight of her in Dominics arms.