Chapter 30

Allaura Aislinn

I woke up on Caspian. My head was cuddled in his shoulder while my leg was on top of his.

I looked up but he was already awake and staring at the ceiling.

"You okay?" I asked and shifted my body against his.

He looks at me and smile, "Yeah. I have to go by the market today. I'll leave now." He states and starts to get up.

"Why so soon?" I ask with a pout.

We just woke up.

He leans in and kisses my lips softly. "I have to get your supplies. I wanna take care of you." He says.

Oh my god, no.

I look behind me but there isn't any blood on the bed or on me.

Thank you god.

"Lets get you another bath before training." He says and lifts me up, walking to the bathroom.

He sets me down on the toilet and goes to turn on the hot water. My hair falls around my face and acts like a curtain, blocking out Caspian from my view.

That would have been so embarrassing.

He comes and kneels down in front of me, moving the hair away from my face. "I know what you're thinking. It's natural." He says softly. "I'll go to the market to get your stuff."

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

He kisses my forehead and leaves me to the bath.

Thankfully, my cycle didn't start today. It could be in another two or three days, but it's better to have supplies before hand.

I shudder when I step into the bath, he knows just how hot I like it.

Coming back from the mission. . . It was a huge pain in the ass. Both Aeryn and I were injured. We didn't complain though and we didn't rest. We told ourselves it was best to keep moving until we got back to training grounds. It wouldn't be safe to rest outside of training grounds. The Verl Fay continue to hunt me, and we were both injured.

A knock on the bathroom door interrupts my thoughts.

"Allaura?" Dominics voice says through the closed door.

"Yeah?" I answer and use the tub to support my weight.

"Hey, sorry, I was just checking in to see how you are. You okay? Aeryn told me what happened out there." He asks.

I relax back into the tub. "Yeah i'm alright. How's Aeryn? I was gonna go check on her after my bath."

"She's okay. Her leg is sore from the bite but other than that, she's okay." He says happily.

"You care for her, don't you?" I ask softly.

He stays quiet for a few moments as if he's thinking about an answer. "Yeah, yeah I do." He finally answers. "I'll see you later today, okay? Sorry for interrupting your bath, I just wanted to make sure you were alright."