Chapter 46

Allaura Aislinn

We leave the palace and I see the two same men who brought us here. They turn around once they hear us descend the steps. One smiles softly while the other has a blank expression.

"It's good to see you again." The blonde guard says. "My name is Niko, and this is Kaan." He says pointing to the dark man beside him.

Nike has blonde hair that looks to be slicked back with water. His eyes are a blue and his skin tone is very pale. Kaan beside him, is the exact opposite. His skin is dark and his head is shaved, but it's his eyes that catch me off guard, they're an incredible shade of blue that it almost looks white.

"Your eyes are gorgeous." I blurt out and Niko chuckles. Kaan doesn't say thank you, his face remains neutral and I frown.

Not much of a talker then.

"I would like to apologize, for the both of us. If we had known who you guys were, I—we would have never handled you the way we did." Niko winces, recalling back to when the ambushed us.

"It's alright. It was either that, or Diona finding out we are alive." I shrug.

Niko grins and opens his mouth to say something but Kaan cuts him off. "Are we to leave?" He has a beautiful accent and my eyes widen at his voice.

Who is this man?

"Where are you from?" I blurt out once again.

stupid.

"Not here." Is all he says before turning around and walking away.

"He isn't much of a talker." Niko winces and motions for us to follow him. "He isn't used to new people, but I promise you, he's a great guy when you get to know him. He'll wake up to you." I smile at Niko and follow the both of them.

I've also realized Caspian has been quiet the entire time.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"You're awfully nice to them. Especially after what they did." He grumbles with a frown.

"I don't enjoy holding grudges against people. Yes they were aggressive and they hurt us, but they were only protecting the city. They aren't to blame." I explain.

"You were nice to Kaan." Cas states and I frown.

"Okay?"

"You said his eyes were gorgeous."

I snort. "Yes I did."

"Did you mean it?"

"Of course."

A moment of silence goes by before he mumbles, "Are my eyes pretty." A laugh escapes my lips before i'm able to stop it and Caspian frowns at my reaction, grumbling curses under his breath.

I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. "Of course your eyes are pretty. You're pretty, and handsome, beautiful, you're everything." I say.

"You're my everything."

I come to a stop, so does my heart at his words.